Tried reinstalling but petrol station icon not showing up in the UK on poynt.
    Any one seen and/or found a solution to this?
    04-23-12 05:39 AM
    search tesco, asda, sainsburys, morrisons
    04-23-12 06:16 AM
    Thanks, however on their web site they claim...

"Never run out of gas again!

When you’re running on empty, Poynt’s Gas feature will help you easily find the closest pump with the cheapest prices (US, Canada and UK only)."

My point was this feature as represented by a petrol pump icon is missing.

Do any UK users have this working?
    04-23-12 07:22 AM
    It depends on people entering data into the source system, Canada and US it is gasbuddy.com so if no one enters it there it won't show. I found this out when I asked about missing diesel stations in Canada. I suggested they should have all stations but price data from gasbuddy and not rely on them for list of stations.
    04-23-12 10:27 AM
    Just did a search and UK data is from whatgas.com
    BBSJ likes this.
    04-23-12 10:37 AM
    Yes and on whatgas.com there are plenty of petrol stations displaying petrol prices in my area.

Am I the only UK PlayBook poynt user?
    Or the only one with this problem?

Speak up fellow Brits.
    04-23-12 05:45 PM
    I dont see a pump either, Search for Sainsburys etc brings up the express stores w/o petrol station.
    04-23-12 06:47 PM
    Yes and on whatgas.com there are plenty of petrol stations displaying petrol prices in my area.

Speak up fellow Brits.
    I don't have the gas station icon on PB either when searching for UK locations.
    04-23-12 06:52 PM
    Dont have petrol station icon/prices on PB either, have it on my BB.
    Tried pairing PB & BB to see if it showed up but it didnt.

I know the info on AppWorld says Petrol but maybe theyve just taken the text from AppWorld for BB & re-posted on Appworld for PB without chaning the info. If you look at the previews it doesnt actually show petrol icon or page on the PB so maybe its only BB only.
    04-24-12 09:37 AM
    Thanks both for confirming, hopefully will come in an update.
    04-24-12 10:53 AM

Speak up fellow Brits.
    Same for me - no Petrol Station Icon

AND... I also have the Poynt App on my BB9900 - list lots of petrol stations, but most of the prices are 3 months out of date!

Unfortunately, this app is of no use to me - whereas madam's equivalent iPhone App is brilliant!

Poynt - please sort this out ASAP

Of course, if this is just user-error (eg me being thick) then can someone please tell me what I need to do to make either of these Apps (eg PlayBook & BB9900) work properly
    04-24-12 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD