After upgrading to OS2 i lost the bing maps app... I know it has its issues but i cant get any of the google maps apps for android player to work with my bridged connection (they only work on wifi for me)

Does anyone have a bar for Bing maps? is it possible to get a working bar from OS1.7 and install it for OS2?

I've checked App World and dont see it on there.

any help would be appreciated.
    10-30-11 11:28 AM
    Take a look at the Mapdroyd app I posted about - offline maps but no routing capability that I can see. It might work for you.

gail
    Mureed likes this.
    10-30-11 01:51 PM
    Can't help w/ os2, BUT you could try maps.nokia.com in the web browser. If you like Nokia Maps, then you can create bookmark on the homepage.

I've tried out Nokia Maps and, in my opinion, it's quite good. (I like Bing Maps too though and have both on my PB)

EDIT
    Always defaults to Berlin for some reason, but if GPS is working it eventually figures out my location. Also, defaults to kilometers; have to change to miles each time.
    Last edited by BSFA2008; 10-30-11 at 11:15 PM.
    10-30-11 11:13 PM
    Thanks Gailsher. Finally got a chance to sideload mapdroyd. Downloading maps now, hopefully this'll be a good workaround.

If anyone has a Bing Maps bar it'll be appreciated.
    11-03-11 09:45 PM
    That is strange. If you REALLY want it, and there's no other way, try a wipe and reload the OS. I am on OS2 and I have Bing Maps.

Edit: Strange, first time I noticed Bing wouldnt work though. Used to for me. Magellan works. Maybe Bing isnt working.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 11-04-11 at 12:56 PM.
    11-03-11 10:08 PM
    Yeah, you can just sideload the .bar.
    This zip has all the bar files from 1.0.7 that aren't in OS2.
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
    williamej, Mureed and elusivest like this.
    11-04-11 11:57 AM
    Thanks Scrid! i had a feeling that someone on this forum would have the bar. Thanks i'll sideload this when i get home from work.
    11-04-11 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD