I was wondering if Blackberry can give it's customers " FREE App of the day!"
    Just like amazon kindle users. It can be some sucky apps that are worth $0.99- $1.99
    This would bring in a lot of customers to buy a blackberry device (Playbook).

It would be awesome if they can start doing this promotion after the release of OS 2.0

So what do you guys think?
    01-19-12 10:32 PM
    Well as of now there aren't many apps so i don't see that happening any time soon
    01-19-12 10:44 PM
    There have been similar suggestions - especially to reward the loyal who purchased to be met by OS release delays. Rim did offer free bb phone apps after their outage a few months back.
    01-19-12 11:03 PM
    Doesn't Amazon manage this by basically paying the developers nothing, or next to it, and telling them to suck it up and call it a good thing that they now have lots more users?

If so, as a developer I have to say I'd prefer not to see RIM go that route. The fact they don't so far is one reason I'm on this platform...
    01-20-12 08:47 AM
    I was wondering if Blackberry can give it's customers " FREE App of the day!"
    Just like amazon kindle users. It can be some sucky apps that are worth $0.99- $1.99
    This would bring in a lot of customers to buy a blackberry device (Playbook).

It would be awesome if they can start doing this promotion after the release of OS 2.0

So what do you guys think?
    I think that, intentionally or not, your post is condescending and demeaning to developers

As long as RIM pays us our royalties for the sucky apps that they give away, I don't much care. Having said that, if my app is truly sucky, then giving it away won't improve RIM's popularity. I would rather that consumers show that they appreciate my work by paying the price that I ask.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    01-20-12 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD