Update from Kevin: At ROVIO's legal request we removed the download link from this thread. Hopefully they hurry up and release the official version soon!

Ported Angry Birds for PlayBook (Update 3/6/2011)

New version is built as an AIR App (Previous version is WebWorks) and it's smaller in package, Ads are removed, no stupid things, it's full screen(the old one is so wide), easier to grab the bird and shoot it and the MOST IMPORTANT THING is THIS VERSION is FASTER and SMOOTHER. Ofcos' it's not perfect like playing on PC, iOS or Android, you know the reasons

Just a little note that this has been modified by Vietnamese guys thus it has some Vietnamese language inside, just ignore it, we all know what's the meaning.

Ok I guess I don't need to say anything about this game, you can google it in case you don't know what it is. Just note that this is only a ported flash version and it's not official at all.

Since Flash on PlayBook hasn't been supported OpenGL yet so it's still very lagging while playing. However, that's best I can do so far and we can try while waiting for the official one from either Rovio or Android version.

Installation guide is here.

Enjoy.

Some screenshots:

Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 06-04-11 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Removed download links by Rovio's request.
    06-01-11 04:51 AM
    nice work, im not going to download it because i have had no luck with amail install. even doing it right it didn't might be my firewall but im not bringing that down for a while. but hey we may have only a month left for the official launch, they said "summer" which means anytime june to september. but hey maybe if you developers get the ports perfect eventually well get a ton of games and you guys can get high pay jobs with the respected companies or sewed. id rather see you guys get the high pay jobs though.
    Last edited by drethos; 06-01-11 at 05:38 AM.
    06-01-11 05:31 AM
    nice work, im not going to download it because i have had no luck with amail install. even doing it right it didn't might be my firewall but im not bringing that down for a while. but hey we may have only a month left for the official launch, they said "summer" which means anytime june to september. but hey maybe if you developers get the ports perfect eventually well get a ton of games and you guys can get high pay jobs with the respected companies or sewed. id rather see you guys get the high pay jobs though.
    Please post more details about the failure you've got with DDPB Installer then I will try to help

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/si...indows-619796/

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    06-01-11 05:44 AM
    runs like angry farm on a blackberry smartphone though
    06-01-11 06:14 AM
    runs like angry farm on a blackberry smartphone though
    so it plays like angry birds does in the browser. hey its a start while we wait for rovio to get the playbook version going. atleast it a distraction for a while.
    06-01-11 06:17 AM
    so it plays like angry birds does in the browser. hey its a start while we wait for rovio to get the playbook version going. atleast it a distraction for a while.
    Yeah this is just for fun while we are waiting for the official ones

Just enjoy buddies
    06-01-11 06:23 AM
    other then not being on full screen and the pigs being invisable in a few levels its not bad. yes it does play like angry farm but **** for being a ported web app its good. gives something free to do until the official comes out.
    06-01-11 07:18 AM
    Nice. Atleast now we can play off line. Thanks for this.

LOL. Whats with the "adult" ads? lol Ok, semi adult.
    06-01-11 08:37 AM
    wheres the .bar file? it isn't in the .zip
    06-01-11 08:48 AM
    wheres the .bar file? it isn't in the .zip
    its a seperate download the link is above.
    06-01-11 08:49 AM
    hmmmm.........got the file but its not loading onto my pb
    06-01-11 08:57 AM
    Put. The .bar file in the Installers folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-11 09:37 AM
    the .bar file isn't in the .zip....i've dl'd the file 4xs and its not there
    06-01-11 09:50 AM
    Nice. Atleast now we can play off line. Thanks for this.

LOL. Whats with the "adult" ads? lol Ok, semi adult.
    Actually this flash file was modified by someone before it came to me
    06-01-11 09:52 AM
    Dumb unrelated question, in your first picture what is the symbol in your status bar to the left of orientation lock that looks like a person with a '+' on their chest?
    06-01-11 10:15 AM
    thats what happen when u on the development mode
    06-01-11 10:23 AM
    Dumb unrelated question, in your first picture what is the symbol in your status bar to the left of orientation lock that looks like a person with a '+' on their chest?
    This is related question and that symbol is Development Mode and this mode MUST be enable to install the applications.
    06-01-11 10:34 AM
    Sorry, I have another Developer Mode question. It says it will last for 10 days. Does that mean it will automatically turn off in 10 days or something else... more sinister? lol
    06-01-11 11:27 AM
    Sorry, I have another Developer Mode question. It says it will last for 10 days. Does that mean it will automatically turn off in 10 days or something else... more sinister? lol
    Kinda after 10 days your PlayBook will blow...BOOM... then RIM can sell another one. Just kidding...
    06-01-11 11:53 AM
    That is the icon for Development Mode. It shows that you are in Dev Mode, and if you have a Debug Token from RIM, what the expiration date is. It also shows your IP Address for quick reference.
    06-01-11 03:06 PM
    hi this is what i did..
    i unzip the file from my pc and copy to my playbook through desktop manager and then open the index.html file through airbrowser
    Last edited by paranee2; 06-01-11 at 03:14 PM.
    06-01-11 03:08 PM
    WFT with the AD?

The game works but slow and sometimes choppy. Not the best game to showcase the PB but atleast it works.

Better wait for the "real" native version. Just can't stand the pauses and choppy game play.
    06-01-11 07:05 PM
    WFT with the AD?

The game works but slow and sometimes choppy. Not the best game to showcase the PB but atleast it works.

Better wait for the "real" native version. Just can't stand the pauses and choppy game play.
    That's right. This is just for fun while waiting for the native one.

About the AD, someone modified this flash version, inject some Ads before it came to me
    Last edited by louis.keeper; 06-01-11 at 09:28 PM.
    06-01-11 09:20 PM
    so this is basically warez that could contain malicious code since it bypasses security....
    06-01-11 09:59 PM
    so this is basically warez that could contain malicious code since it bypasses security....
    Ofcos' it is but I always make sure it's safe before distributing
    06-01-11 10:19 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD