View Poll Results: What would you pay for a NATIVE Meeting Minutes Pro app?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • $2.99

2 25.00%
  • $3.99

1 12.50%
  • $4.99

0 0%
  • $5.99

1 12.50%
  • I prefer more features in the current app than a native app

1 12.50%
  • I wont buy it

3 37.50%
    Hi All,

I am trying to gauge what would be the market for a BlackBerry native version of my app. The app is already available on App World as an Android port. It supports the following features. Please choose the best answer to help me make a decision..

Buy Meeting Minutes Pro - Download Meeting Minutes Pro - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Meeting Minutes Pro is a simple but powerful, user-friendly and intuitive app to Organize, Store and Track Meetings, Participants, Agenda, Discussion and Action Items. It has a simple, easy to use, UI and focuses more on extremely useful functionality than the UI itself. It supports the following features:

1) Create, Update and View Meetings, Participants, Agenda, Discussion and Action Items

2) Import Meetings directly from the Calendar

3) Filter Meetings and Action Items based on different parameters

4) Export/Email Meeting Minutes into a professional, simple and clear PDF/HTML format

5) Export/Email Action Items into a comma separated values file that can be used with any spreadsheet software

6) Sync Action Items to Calendar

7) Export database for backup/recovery purposes. Exported database is encrypted to protect the contents.

8) Import database backup. Backup from the Free version can also be imported.

9) Schedule Automatic Backup. Note that automatic backups are only taken when the app is running.

10) Integration with device contacts. No need to enter all participant information manually anymore. Can just select the desired contact that is already present on the device.

11) Settings page to control and make the app work the way YOU want.
    Last edited by Sriman; 10-25-12 at 05:01 PM.
    10-24-12 08:49 AM
    It has a simple, easy to use, UI and focuses more on extremely useful functionality than the UI itself.
    In my opinion if you charge any amount of money, maybe with the exception of .99, the UI is also important. Of course function is top priority, but when you are at $3, $4, and especially $5 and $6, then the UI should look real clean, professional, and be fairly intuitive. $5+ isn't much money, but when speaking about apps, that is a lot (comparatively). Please note thatI haven't looked at your ported app, so I am not saying the UI is awful, I am just going by the description you provided. If the app looks home-made and costs money, it will probably get passed over more than bought. At least that is my opinion.

Also, this is picky, but:

3) Filter Meetings and Action Items on a bunch of parameters
    It might sound better saying "...many different parameters" rather than "...a bunch of parameters".

I think the price comes from the app's quality both inside and out. Also, any marketing- including descriptions, website (if you have one), and to a lesser extent email/email domain- should look as professional as possible, as if it was a firm making it rather just than one person (no matter how talented that one person is).
    Sriman likes this.
    10-25-12 04:46 PM
    In my opinion if you charge any amount of money, maybe with the exception of .99, the UI is also important. Of course function is top priority, but when you are at $3, $4, and especially $5 and $6, then the UI should look real clean, professional, and be fairly intuitive. $5+ isn't much money, but when speaking about apps, that is a lot (comparatively). Please note thatI haven't looked at your ported app, so I am not saying the UI is awful, I am just going by the description you provided. If the app looks home-made and costs money, it will probably get passed over more than bought. At least that is my opinion.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.. I request you to download the free version of my app and let me know your thoughts...

Free Meeting Minutes - Download Meeting Minutes - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    10-25-12 04:55 PM
    Also, this is picky, but:

It might sound better saying "...many different parameters" rather than "...a bunch of parameters".
    Point taken.. Fixed...
    10-25-12 05:02 PM
    Thanks to everyone that voted.. I got my answer.. I will concentrate more on adding features to the existing app and will hope that RIM will improve their Android Player and make it much more better and robust... The poll is closed now..
    10-29-12 05:19 PM