View Poll Results: Facebook app or website on your device.

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Facebook App

41 55.41%
  • Facebook Website

33 44.59%
    I hear a lot of "I don't need apps, I have the full web" so I'm curious what results this will bring. I'd like for us to focus on the Facebook app/Website for the purpose of this poll as the App and the Website are available on both the PlayBook and the Blackberry.

So, which do you use most of the time, the Facebook app or the Facebook website?

I have no idea what the outcome will be but personally I use the app 90% of the time.
    09-19-11 09:23 AM
    Really?
    I use the web. The app is a bit... Slow.
    09-19-11 09:29 AM
    I agree, the app is a little slow at times but for me it offers great integration with the rest of my blackberry. I can send posts to twitter, upload photos directly, share among apps etc... That is my primary reason for using apps over the web.

Really?
    I use the web. The app is a bit... Slow.
    09-19-11 09:37 AM
    Apps are more streamlined, less graphics and usually quicker, and offer integration with the device. I use apps for most sites that I would access daily.
    09-19-11 09:46 AM
    I use both. The app is more limited.
    09-19-11 09:48 AM
    I forgot a biggie, notifications! How could I overlook that! I've said many times my PRIMARY reason for using a Blackberry, and the reason I stick to it, is its reliable notification system!
    09-19-11 09:50 AM
    Well with all the app crashes I hear about, it keeps me going to the website. Plus the app doesn't show every update or little thing that your newsfeed on the site does.
    09-19-11 10:06 AM
    Honestly, I use the app only because its a few seconds quicker...then I realize I can't check my groups, and you can't even open half the notifications so I use my laptop or just ignore the notifications.

I really should use the web more because apps are soo crippled. I just use it because its easy to spot a big blue F icon, although I could just make a shortcut to the real website and have it remember my password...which I think I will do now...screw that handicapped app.
    09-19-11 10:23 AM
    Uh, oh. I think this poll is unintentionally showing why Apple, and their apps, are so popular.

Abandon thread!
    09-19-11 10:24 AM
    The web site works great on the PB. I don't really use FB that much though. Maybe once a week.
    09-19-11 10:24 AM
    I use the app so my postings say "via BlackBerry PlayBook tablet" .
    Chrisy and Marbeef like this.
    09-19-11 10:38 AM
    I don't use facebook either way. Can't vote I guess bit I'd say give me the full page with all of the content.
    09-19-11 10:47 AM
    Try poll on youtube vs youtube app? crackberry app vs crackberry website. I am sure both would be web...

There are some better threads that outline pros/cons of apps vs using website (not just facebook). Apps should be better since they can integrate with notifications/other apps/screen is optimized/hardware acceleration (games)/other hardware (gyro/camera etc). Done right apps would be preferable over the web.

The argument of full web comes when there is no app. For example if there was no facebook app on PB then web would fill the gap. Since PB is not well supported with apps, web makes up for a lot of things. Radio streaming website, streaming movies/tv shows etc work and we can make do without app. I know some of these shady websites would never be approved for the BB App world or Apple App store if they made made app (due to coyright etc) but on PB if you can browse to website you can watch the game live etc). I watch game highlights (usually not youtube since they remove highlights, mostly some asian/russian website or something) and tech news/reviews (not always youtube) which is not even option if you are stuck waiting for app because of no flash.
    chiefbroski likes this.
    09-19-11 11:02 AM
    I use the app so my postings say "via BlackBerry PlayBook tablet" .
    Thats actually exactly why I sometime use the App.
    09-19-11 11:07 AM
    No FB no vote ?

Not sure what you can do with Facebook that you can't do with good ol' fashioned email and telyphones...haven't been severely crippled yet, and happy for yet one less distraction in life ... I prefer my friends have flesh and bones and can go have a beer with me.

Call me paranoid but I don't want my personal info permanently registered and easily accessible in some database when the commies take over the government....

was that a black helicopter? Did you see it???
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-19-11 11:09 AM
    LOL, I like your posts. I'll add you on FaceBook when we stamp out the leftists.

No FB no vote ?

Not sure what you can do with Facebook that you can't do with good ol' fashioned email and telyphones...haven't been severely crippled yet, and happy for yet one less distraction in life ... I prefer my friends have flesh and bones and can go have a beer with me.

Call me paranoid but I don't want my personal info permanently registered and easily accessible in some database when the commies take over the government....

was that a black helicopter? Did you see it???

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    09-19-11 11:21 AM
    Uh, oh. I think this poll is unintentionally showing why Apple, and their apps, are so popular.

Abandon thread!
    uh oh - you could be right - even *I* had not considered that... run for cover!
    Chrisy and chiefbroski like this.
    09-19-11 11:23 AM
    LOL, I like your posts. I'll add you on FaceBook when we stamp out the leftists.
    and fortunately, we will know exactly who they are, where they hang out, who their friends are...where they like to go on vacation... all of the family members we could kidnap and torture... what a gas!

I wonder which side of the political spectrum Mark Zuckerberg leans to? Scary power he could have eh?
    What more do you need to become a tyrant than money and info on your "people"?
    09-19-11 11:28 AM
    Almost an even split, nice that we have the options available to us. i'd use an ipad fb app if a "1st party" one existed, dont really trust the alternate developer ones that are available with access to my stuff.
    09-19-11 11:44 AM
    The website 100% of the time. I don't want any limits on what I can do. The difference in speed if there is any is so slight it is really no advantage.
    09-19-11 12:27 PM
    Limited experience, but FB app seems slower and to blow away some contents I've already read. Other point: when no Wifi, I'm not absolutely sure that FB app uses bridge straight forward and not (as the "non bridged browser" ?) over a automatic 3G connexion over my BBBold ... but as an "out-of-plan" consumption.

I fell better with the site, anyway ... old man, old habits !
    09-19-11 12:52 PM
    kidnap and torture...
    The exact M.O. of a "rightist"!

I use the app to post content cuz it's easier to upload media and stuff, but mostly so it says "via BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet". I exclusively use the web to look at content, though. So it's about 90%:10% web to app. Couple that with the new Twitter mobile site, and apps are becoming less and less important for social networking.
    09-19-11 12:58 PM
    I don't use facebook either way. Can't vote I guess bit I'd say give me the full page with all of the content.
    The left wants a list of who owns guns, the right a list of who owns sex toys and whether they belong the correct church.

No Facebook, here, either. No vote.
    Last edited by F2; 09-19-11 at 04:12 PM.
    nextlevel88 likes this.
    09-19-11 04:06 PM
    The left wants a list of who owns guns, the right a list of who owns sex toys and whether they belong the correct church.

No Facebook, here, either. No vote.
    THAT is funny.

I am biting my tongue about the politics, since it is taboo, but ouch does my tongue hurt....
    09-19-11 05:46 PM
    THAT is funny.

I am biting my tongue about the politics, since it is taboo, but ouch does my tongue hurt....
    If only your fingers would also cramp up!
    09-19-11 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD