08-21-12 02:20 AM
39 12
tools
    I've got the Scanner Radio app on my Bold and love it. Thinking about getting this for the Playbook. Was curious what departments are broadcast on the paid version of the app ( I have the free version) for Schenectady/Albany County, NY area. If anyone with the paid version could let me know if Schenectady Fire and Police and town of Guilderland are included on the paid version I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
    There is a lot in NY ... too many to count. I do see Guilderland Police, Fire and EMS. Listened for a while but feed was silent. I also see Schenectady City Fire Dept. It was silent at this time too. Hope this helps you out in your decision.

I am still on last version and will not update til I see the error is fixed with new version.

BTW - Chicago channels are always busy with action. Wow what a city, my sister in law just moved there.
    01-31-12 04:00 PM
    Same here it keeps on crashing. At least I know it is not a problem with my Playbook.
    I emailed support and they responded saying it is a known issue and an update has already been submitted to app world.
    01-31-12 06:06 PM
    Can anyone that has this app tell me if Thunder Bay, ON Canada is listed and has any feeds?

Thank you!
    01-31-12 06:26 PM
    Can anyone that has this app tell me if Thunder Bay, ON Canada is listed and has any feeds?

Thank you!
    I don't see any listings for Thunder Bay directly, but there are about 35 listings in the Ontario category. Apparently Waterloo is one of the top "listened to" feeds.
    Hope this helps ;-)
    01-31-12 06:35 PM
    I was using this paid app on 2 Playbooks one running 1.0.8.6067 and one running 2.0.0.7111. After upgrading hey have both stopped working. They start to initialize and then crash. Anyone else hve a problem after upgrading? I email the company and wait for thier response.
    02-01-12 11:34 PM
    I was using this paid app on 2 Playbooks one running 1.0.8.6067 and one running 2.0.0.7111. After upgrading hey have both stopped working. They start to initialize and then crash. Anyone else hve a problem after upgrading? I email the company and wait for thier response.
    Read above a few posts.... It's a known issue and is under repair
    New version has been submitted to app world but not sure when it will be live.
    Last edited by manytone; 02-01-12 at 11:44 PM.
    02-01-12 11:42 PM
    Just updated and it seems to be working fine now.....
    02-02-12 09:10 AM
    You get a LOT more channels with the paid version!
    Is Huntsville AL/Madison County AL on the paid version?
    02-04-12 09:34 AM
    Might be helpful to potential buyers if the developer posted a list on their website of all the channels that are available. Also on the developers website it says $0.99 for a limited time with a link to App World but on App World it's $1.99. One of the websites needs to be updated.
    02-04-12 09:51 AM
    You could look on the RadioReference site
    02-04-12 02:47 PM
    You could look on the RadioReference site
    If you were referring to my post, what I was meaning was that it would be helpful to those that would like to buy the app, to have a list by the developer that shows all the channels the paid version will show. I have the free version and it works well but not sure I want to buy the app just to find out that it doesn't have the channels that I'm looking for.
    02-04-12 02:55 PM
    and I replied if you look at the Radio Reference website, you can find a list of all the frequencies available on Police Scanner except DC for some reason
    Last edited by BBplaybookJS; 02-04-12 at 06:45 PM.
    02-04-12 06:39 PM
    I'm planning on making a Playbook police scanner app too once I have some time. Got my RadioReference keys and just need to actually make the thing :P
    02-04-12 07:59 PM
    If you're in BC (Canada) there are a number of active feeds that aren't on the Radio Reference site (most are on Gordon Edwards' Scanner Radio, but that's not a Playbook app).

Check out Main Page - ScanBC

For those interested in Victoria, the direct CREST broadcast, digital trunked (police, fire, ambulance) is http://ltr.tac9.ca:8000/crest.m3u - but the media type doesn't seem to be supported by PB.
    08-21-12 02:20 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD