https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...h=true&lang=en

just wondering if anyone has this app?

was hoping you could check for me and see how many Ontario, Canada cities it has? specifically does it have Hamilton?
    01-04-12 10:14 PM
    Planning a crime spree, are you?
    01-04-12 10:16 PM
    Well there is a FREE version and the paid version is 1.99USD, So get it and let us know!
    01-04-12 10:18 PM
    Yes, it does have hamilton police, fire and ems...and john c munroe hamilton international airport..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-04-12 10:37 PM
    I have the paid version. I like it!
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-04-12 10:49 PM
    I have looked at it before, and sounds good. I do have it on my short list!

Thanks for letting us know pk
    01-04-12 11:08 PM
    You get a LOT more channels with the paid version!
    01-04-12 11:13 PM
    AWESOME, thanks 16698624!!!

(interesting name btw, lol)

I'm going to buy it when I get home from work today. How can this even be legal? And how the did the app maker get access to all those feeds?
    Last edited by adblink; 01-05-12 at 07:19 AM.
    01-05-12 03:48 AM
    AWESOME, thanks 16698624!!!

(interesting name btw, lol)

I'm going to buy it when I get home from work today. How can this even be legal? And how the did the app maker get access to all those feeds?

'Police Scanners' - have been around forever...they used to be a hot ticket item at Radio Shack...lawyers, media, and the like have used them to 'chase' stories and 'clients' - as long as the signals weren't encrypted, anyone could 'dial up' a frequency and listen in... the web based versions have grown in popularity as more and more agencies 'stream' their broadcasts for public consumption.

Nothing illegal about it, until you start decrypting certain 'Tac' and military channels...
    01-05-12 09:42 AM
    I like the idea of a trial version, as should all games and apps. I will be giving this one a trial
    01-05-12 09:56 AM
    Does anyone know if the full version has Calgary, Alberta Canada in it? It is not in the free version.
    Thanks in advance for checking this for me!
    01-28-12 01:22 PM
    Does anyone know if the full version has Calgary, Alberta Canada in it? It is not in the free version.
    I don't see Calgary specifically but there are a few in Alberta. I have attached a screenshot. There is one more on the list that doesn't show on my screenshot:

Wetaskiwin, Hobbema, Ponoka RCMP, and Hobbema EMS
    manytone likes this.
    01-28-12 01:44 PM
    I don't see Calgary specifically but there are a few in Alberta. I have attached a screenshot.
    Hey rjedge, are there many channels from the lower mainland in BC (Vancouver, Richmond, etc.).
    q8united likes this.
    01-28-12 01:50 PM
    Hey rjedge, are there many channels from the lower mainland in BC (Vancouver, Richmond, etc.).
    None for the Metro Vancouver area. Attached is the list for BC.
    Last edited by rjedge54; 01-28-12 at 02:07 PM.
    rmah likes this.
    01-28-12 02:05 PM
    Thanks for the info and screenshot rjedge54.
    I contacted the company to see if Calgary is on their list to add. Hopefully I'll hear soon.
    Cheers
    01-28-12 02:11 PM
    Calgary is using a trucked system for Fire and Police and a Mike system for EMS so you won't find them on the scanner apps.
    manytone likes this.
    01-28-12 02:14 PM
    Hi Mike
    Thanks for the info.
    Nice to see you are a Flames Fan too. Next game ain't til Tuesday

As for the scanner it is still interesting listening to the channels even though they are not local. I will end up getting the full app for sure.
    01-28-12 02:56 PM
    Hi Mike
    Thanks for the info.
    Nice to see you are a Flames Fan too. Next game ain't til Tuesday

As for the scanner it is still interesting listening to the channels even though they are not local. I will end up getting the full app for sure.
    Yeah I manage a rural 911 Centre so I hear enough of it through out the day. I agree the app is good to have for area's around the world. I really like listening to the emergency calls in Hawaii, I would never be able to pronounce the names of the streets there lol

Also have to find something to keep me occupied until Tuesday nights game too!
    01-28-12 03:04 PM
    Has anyone upgraded the paid app to version 2.1.11 for Police Scanner??

I just upgraded today through App World and it just hangs on the "initializing...please wait" page then shuts down the app after a few seconds. I tried un-installing, re-installing, re-booting but it still does not work. I also sent a help question to the support email but no reply yet.

Previously I was using 2.1.10 and it worked fine.
    01-30-12 06:55 PM
    I've got the Scanner Radio app on my Bold and love it. Thinking about getting this for the Playbook. Was curious what departments are broadcast on the paid version of the app ( I have the free version) for Schenectady/Albany County, NY area. If anyone with the paid version could let me know if Schenectady Fire and Police and town of Guilderland are included on the paid version I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
    01-30-12 06:58 PM
    You can get all the streams (and more!) for free using your Playbook Browser @ Top 50 Live Scanner Audio Feeds Seems to work great (just click the small speaker icon next to your chosen stream)
    01-30-12 07:10 PM

I just upgraded today through App World and it just hangs on the "initializing...please wait" page then shuts down the app after a few seconds. I tried un-installing, re-installing, re-booting but it still does not work. I also sent a help question to the support email but no reply yet.

I had the same problem. I presume its a bug and will be fixed shortly. Did you email support?
    01-30-12 07:20 PM
    Yes i emailed the contact listed in appworld today but no response yet. You would think the developer would test it before uploading to appworld.

ver 2.1.11 does not start
    01-30-12 09:15 PM

Yes, I have the same problem after this update.
    01-31-12 07:41 AM

Same here it keeps on crashing. At least I know it is not a problem with my Playbook.
    01-31-12 09:58 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD