Hello all. I just read that PokerStars mobile app is now available in Canada. Can someone out there see if sideloading the android app will now work on the playbook? The new version may need to be converted again.

Thanks
    Pokerfan
    08-16-12 04:49 PM
    Search for the .apk , go to PlayBook .apk to .bar converter and convert it yourself. Easy ?!
    08-17-12 03:52 AM
    thanks for the website, i tried to download the apk file to convert but it only comes as a zip, once extracted i cant find the apk file. i could search for the apk but i want to make sure its the newest version.

any help is appreciated.
    08-17-12 08:47 AM
    I will try to get the apk and see what I can do.
    slott likes this.
    08-17-12 10:59 AM
    thank you bbqkid8 for your help!!
    08-17-12 11:04 AM
    I'm in the US right now and their laws prohibit me from getting the true app. If I can't figure it out today, I will try when I am back in Canada in a few days.
    08-17-12 11:34 AM
    Update. I was able to download the apk and convert it using the above website. It seems to load fine but I get an error message

"the application PokerStars (process com.Prysoftware.pokerStars.com) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. ".

Does this mean it won't work until they release a playbook version of the app???
    08-17-12 08:40 PM
    Update. I was able to download the apk and convert it using the above website. It seems to load fine but I get an error message

"the application PokerStars (process com.Prysoftware.pokerStars.com) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. ".

Does this mean it won't work until they release a playbook version of the app???
    Yes, it wont work. Try the most OUTDATED version. They are the most likely to work
    08-18-12 04:54 AM
    Also do try out the new versions they release regular, and if you find one that works then make a note of the version number.

This is pretty important as pokerstars constantly update their software and can end up phasing in and then phasing out again some unofficial methods of running the software. This happened a few years ago for those using wine on linux for pokerstars. When pokerstars support got alerted to the fact that an update they had done had phased out the wine/linux mix they quickly reverted back so the linux players could "unofficially" play again.

So do not give up on them completely, as they have proven they are willing to support "unsupported" OS methods if they can. Testing each update and reporting to pokerstars if it is working or not under your OS might nudge them in the right direction.
    09-02-12 08:42 PM
    can someon figer out how to play pokerstars app on playbook yet?
    I tried everything but not working
    09-23-12 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD