Hello,

Has anyone here got pogo.com to work on the playbook? Everytime i try to go into a game everything will load fine, except for where it brings up the tables to sit. Instead of bringing up another screen of the tables it just closes everything out and takes me back to the main page.

I was just wondering if this is the case for everyone or if i need to change some settings somewhere.

Thanks in advance.
    07-14-11 06:37 AM
    Pogo.com and yahoo games require java apps support which the PB browser does not have at this point. It probably could be added since the PB IS java friendly, or will be when the BB apps player is released. Right now though, it's just not gonna happen. Perhaps if there is a gaming site that is flash based THAT would work, but anything that requires full java, or a browser plug in is NOT gonna work.

BTW, I used to be a Guide at pogo, back in the day. I know the people who founded the site and have met them in person at E3 in Atlanta many many moons ago!
    ScoobsDM likes this.
    07-14-11 08:52 AM
    A friend asked me about pogo.com working on a PlayBook. Looks like I found my answer. Too bad. She's addicted to that website and it was a deciding factor whether or not to go for the PB since she's a BlackBerry user.
    07-14-11 03:21 PM
    It COULD be coming when the BB player is added which basically uses java. The hardware could certainly handle it.
    07-14-11 03:36 PM
    I was bumping this thread to see if those playing with 2.0 could tell if pogo would work with the playbook yet. I haven't heard or seen anything about this yet so just checking.
    11-15-11 01:19 PM
    One of the reasons I bought the PB was because I thought it would play POGO games. I'm addicted to them as well, and would love to be able to have them work on the Playbook.
    12-03-11 08:30 PM
    I'm just trying "Poppit" now on 2.0 beta. It's working!

Edit: I went on my Mac and did a right-click. I think Poppit is Flash so that was a bad attempt. I don't go to this site. Is there a particular game I should try for anyone? I don't know which is Java and which is Flash without trying them all.
    Last edited by knightfall; 12-03-11 at 11:46 PM.
    12-03-11 11:42 PM
    I play texas hold em and cribbage on pogo. Every so often i'll try a different game out but normally just hold'em and cribbage.
    12-05-11 11:16 AM
    I'm just trying "Poppit" now on 2.0 beta. It's working!

Edit: I went on my Mac and did a right-click. I think Poppit is Flash so that was a bad attempt. I don't go to this site. Is there a particular game I should try for anyone? I don't know which is Java and which is Flash without trying them all.
    I am still unable to get Pogo games to come up on my PB. I did have Mahjong Dimensions come up but Poppit, Solitaire and Mahjong Garden which I play did not come up. I'm wondering how you brought up Poppit. After it says it is loading, it just goes to a yellow screen with a white box in it.

Thank you,
    Gloria
    01-12-12 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD