Has anyone experienced not being able to use the Podcasts app using v2.0.0.2894 (beta)?

I just get a yellow background and a spinning green circle. Hopefully this isn't something that's isolated to me (but I don't see anyone else reporting it :S )

The beta has really made the playbook much more viable since I can install Android apps to supplement App World.
    11-15-11 01:30 PM
    I get that rarely. Mainly when I open the App and send it to the background quickly. If I close and reopen and wait for it to load, it usually does so without a problem.

Does it ever work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-11 03:34 PM
    this is exactly what is happening to me currently as of this morning. Unable to open my podcasts.....just spins no matter how I open it.....
    11-15-11 04:14 PM
    actually mine is doing that too now...
    11-15-11 04:48 PM
    I get that rarely. Mainly when I open the App and send it to the background quickly. If I close and reopen and wait for it to load, it usually does so without a problem.

Does it ever work?
    Nope never worked

11-15-11 05:22 PM
    Mine was doing that earlier today. I just had to leave it running for a few minutes until I got a message that said "could not connect with Podcast server" or something.

After clicking 'OK' on the error, instead of opening on the Podcast 'storefront' page it opened directly to the 'My Podcasts' tab which is how I've always wanted it to open anyway
    11-15-11 06:34 PM
    Nope never worked

yeah, that was different than this. Once I got home, I realized what you guys were talking about.

I wonder if the server that hosts the feed is down.
    11-15-11 06:49 PM
    Mine is back today for some reason, must have been server side.....
    11-16-11 08:57 AM
    yeah, mine started working late last night.
    11-16-11 09:46 AM
    My podcasts app started to work for me this morning too! Must have been a glitch which started around Sunday when I purchased the PB.

Thanks everyone for chirping in!

gus
    11-16-11 12:09 PM
    Ok, So I had the same problem for days. Launch PodCast App and the thing just showed green background with green spinning "loading" circle. I rebooted, deleted some stuff from my Playbook (thinking it was a low-memory issue), all to no avail. I tried launching the Podcasts app numerous times, after starting up the PB from being shut down. Nothing worked.

Finally, saw a thread someone went out of WiFi range and came back, then it worked. They did a reboot and some other things. However, it turns out it wasn't needed. Here is all you have to do:

1. TURN OFF WiFi
    2. Launch Podcasts App - it will complain about it needing WiFi to work, and put you in your "MyPodcasts" screen
    3. Turn ON WiFi - It works!

Conclusion:
    ========

Podcast app has a BUG where it gets stuck in that loading screen "loop". When you turn OFF WiFi, the Podcast app sees your internet is off and that pulls it out of that BUGGY Loop. Once you turn on WiFi again it works OK.

I am guessing that once it enters the Buggy Loop, as long as it sees your WiFi STILL ON it will try to load from it and never connect to the server. Maybe stopping WiFi and starting it up again resets something in the Podcast app.

Hope this helps everyone else with the PodCast never-ending green circle non-working non-loading BUG!
    05-11-12 07:48 PM
    Does anyone know if us in the UK will eventually get the blackberry podcast app?

I have it in my torch phone called "all episodes" , but it never came with my playbook, I am using an android one at the moment which is ok but I don't like using android ones as its not as good with multi tasking and I prefer the blackberry one..
    05-12-12 05:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD