Strange one this or am i just missing something. watching the help video on the PB, don't normally watch help stuff but i wanted to see what i had missed off. The help shows there is a podcast app but i can't find it. it is supposed to be in the media tab. Has anybody got this or is it something else rim have missed?
    06-30-11 04:03 PM
    The podcast app is only available in the US and Canada. As you are on O2 I'm assuming you are in the UK and activated your Playbook in the UK. If this is the case you won't see the podcast app.
    07-01-11 09:18 AM
    You assumed correctly fella. thats a bit shte. why would we not get that in the UK?
    07-01-11 04:01 PM
    i wondered the same thing about the podcast phone app and the PB news app, i think it just comes down to the fact that RIM are ars*holes who dont care.

which is why after 5 years of me spending money on RIM devices the PB will be the last RIM device i own
    07-02-11 04:40 AM
    i wondered the same thing about the podcast phone app and the PB news app, i think it just comes down to the fact that RIM are ars*holes who dont care.

which is why after 5 years of me spending money on RIM devices the PB will be the last RIM device i own
    I doubt very much that RIM has anything to do with it. It is most likely due to the owners of the content in the podcasts or news articles and they are only licnesed in the US and Canada, by those content owners.
    07-02-11 08:57 AM
    i think that it would be RIM, other mobile devices have built in podcasts apps (htc, samsung etc) that work world wide and ultimately all the podcasts listed in the carrousel are available in the UK (i use a US version of the b podcasts app on my torch, which i got from these forums), also you see it with other apps like news and social feeds.

we've seen recently that RIM is very process driven which is fine in some areas but this might just be a process breakdown, or maybe they are just chumps!
    07-03-11 04:10 AM
    This issue has come up again and again and I just don't believe that it is a licensing issue. We can access the same podcasts in the UK using other software on mobile devices or through desktops/laptops etc. I have asked RIM why they don't make some of their apps available to us in the EMEA and beyond and have never got a satisfactory answer.

I agree with Kobol; if they don't sort it out soon I'll be looking elsewhere for my gadgets!
    07-03-11 05:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD