08-12-12 07:36 PM
33 12
tools
    What features get disabled after 7 days as i noticed that this is a lite version.
    I actually don't know, whatever I use it for I guess the feature limitations don't affect me as I haven't run into anything that's caused me issues.
    08-11-12 12:14 PM
    I found this guys:

Lite version has all the features of the Pro version except:

Scheduling of updates will be disabled
    You will be able to update only one feed at a time
    You can download only one podcast at a time
    I actually thought this was a feature lol and was one of the reasons I liked it. I kinda like how it's setup like this because it doesn't just cram up the Playbook drive full of Podcasts, I can download whichever ones I want. Also, BeyondPod has a streaming feature kind of like what Stitcher has, and I use that a lot for the same reason.
    08-11-12 12:21 PM
    It looks as this one will do for what i need

Thanks.
    08-11-12 12:24 PM
    I know he only works part-time, so I'm hesitant to dump on the guy yet. I'll post if I get any info.
    I've tried as well some time ago but now answer.
    08-11-12 12:28 PM
    I found this guys:

I actually thought this was a feature lol and was one of the reasons I liked it. I kinda like how it's setup like this because it doesn't just cram up the Playbook drive full of Podcasts, I can download whichever ones I want. Also, BeyondPod has a streaming feature kind of like what Stitcher has, and I use that a lot for the same reason.
    I can certainly live with those limitations, thanks.
    08-11-12 12:39 PM
    Yip me as well as i will just stream them all the time as i am never out of wifi coverage.
    08-11-12 12:41 PM
    I think I've figured out a way to search all podcasts that are on the iTunes and add them to a feed (without having to manually enter the feed url). Video might be a little tricky, but I think I can work it out. What features do these other app lack that you guys would want?
    08-12-12 06:42 PM
    I think I've figured out a way to search all podcasts that are on the iTunes and add them to a feed (without having to manually enter the feed url). Video might be a little tricky, but I think I can work it out. What features do these other app lack that you guys would want?
    The searching is the biggest issue with the Playbook app. If it was solved, it would be way more usable at least.

Past that, for me the UI is just horrible with it. I know Apple is not highly regarded on this forum, but they did a good job with how they deal with Podcasts and organizing them.

The streaming feature from BeyondPod is a really great idea. That in a native app would be pretty cool.
    08-12-12 07:36 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD