I'm sharing my modem's connection via my pc, for my iphone...is it possible to connect a PB to it? cos it doesn't show as an available network on the PB..

thx.
    05-31-11 06:22 PM
    I'm sharing my modem's connection via my pc, for my iphone...is it possible to connect a PB to it? cos it doesn't show as an available network on the PB..

thx.
    Don't know if this is responisve to your post, but I have my PB, under general settings, sharing via wifi on, and it shows up right away on my PC Desktop and I can open and transfer, etc., without problems. I haven't really done too much with it, but I have sent files back and forth, including several gigs of music from a laptop to the PB through the wifi network (are you listening, Blackberry Bridge?).
    05-31-11 06:46 PM
    Don't know if this is responisve to your post, but I have my PB, under general settings, sharing via wifi on, and it shows up right away on my PC Desktop and I can open and transfer, etc., without problems. I haven't really done too much with it, but I have sent files back and forth, including several gigs of music from a laptop to the PB through the wifi network (are you listening, Blackberry Bridge?).
    thanks...but, i actually want to share the internet connection on it, that's why i need to connect to the adhoc network.
    05-31-11 06:51 PM
    thanks...but, i actually want to share the internet connection on it, that's why i need to connect to the adhoc network.
    Unfortunately not. The playbook does not support adhoc networks. Had the same problem with wifi sharing on my Nokia N95. I did some searching and found some info on the playbook tech sheet and it looks like they won't support it for security reasons. Really annoying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-11 07:00 PM
    Unfortunately not. The playbook does not support adhoc networks. Had the same problem with wifi sharing on my Nokia N95. I did some searching and found some info on the playbook tech sheet and it looks like they won't support it for security reasons. Really annoying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i see...sux ...Thanks.

BTW, just realized i posted this in the wrong forum...can any mod please move it to the appropriate forum? thanks.
    05-31-11 07:36 PM
    Try connectify, it creates a hotspot not an ad-hoc network and so works with the playbook. Only downside is you need Windows Vista or 7 for it to work.

Connectify for Windows - Turn your Laptop or Smartphone into a Secure Wi-Fi Hotspot
    06-05-11 04:42 PM

thx.

I use my EVO 4G Android as my main modem since I'm always on the go and live a bit too far outside the city to get cable or dsl. I use the phone as my modem/router for my PC/PlayBook/Kindle/NintendoWii/3ds. Just found an Android app called File Expert that allows wireless file transfers between the EVO and Playbook. Playbook and PC easily transfers files over wifi network no problems. Check it out.! I'm on Sprint network with unlimited data plan, its been great so far. Save you some $$ too..
    06-06-11 02:07 AM
    06-06-11 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD