Wow

just found this out.

a snes and a psx emulator on my playbook.

now I am well happy.

cheers.
    12-27-12 12:47 PM
    Jumped into my box of PlayStation games and thank god almighty I still had Metal Gear Solid!!!!!! I'm playing on hard, I was wondering if anyone knew how to 'activate' the cheats?
    12-30-12 12:23 PM
    Anyone as suceed playin crash team racing cuz me the games start and stop 10 seconds after and never restart
    01-06-13 05:59 PM
    Cheats aren't currently implemented. They will hopefully be in a future release.
    01-07-13 09:19 AM
    By the way Catalyst, is there a Dev Alpha release yet?
    01-08-13 10:42 PM
    I have a dev alpha version working. It's simply the PB version scaled correctly, with some fixes to broken APIs. I have a working Cascades front end for Mupen that handles video settings, plugins, SD card support, input config including keyboard (soon to be gamepad and multiplayer if I can test it with something), and cheats. After I finish that, I'll be porting the UI to the playstation emulator.I'm hoping to do that before releasing it for BB10. I can send the current PS emulator if you want to test it.
    A7omic, glamrlama, topt and 1 others like this.
    01-09-13 08:54 AM
    Wow you are hard at work, I look forward to seeing your updates!
    01-09-13 10:42 AM
    Can you please upload current version for Dev Alpha?
    This emulator compensates lack of good games on BB devices.
    01-11-13 06:23 AM
    Yeah the current PS Emulator for BB10 would be awesome!! Thanks.
    01-11-13 09:56 AM
    Can you please upload current version for Dev Alpha?
    This emulator compensates lack of good games on BB devices.
    I love all the emus on PB as I have a couple of favourite games from the past. But I would challenge you on "lack of good games". My PB is filled with great games.

I would say "This emulator adds to the many great games on ..."
    01-11-13 09:58 AM
    First off, thanks OP! Playing my PSX games on PB is great!

However I have a problem with games with multiple track BIN files. Has anyone got a multitrack game to work? The files are like this:
    Breath of Fire III.cue
    Breath of Fire III (Track 1).bin
    Breath of Fire III (Track 2).bin

The cue file properly points to both BINs. I've also tried capitalizing all the extensions (and inside the cue), but that doesn't seem to work. The OP mentioned that the BIN and CUE must have the same name, but that's not possible with multiple tracks (altho I tried renaming the Track 1 BIN to match the cue, but that didn't work either).

If multi-track doesn't work, is there a way to merge the BIN files?
    01-12-13 01:09 PM
    First off, thanks OP! Playing my PSX games on PB is great!

However I have a problem with games with multiple track BIN files. Has anyone got a multitrack game to work? The files are like this:
    Breath of Fire III.cue
    Breath of Fire III (Track 1).bin
    Breath of Fire III (Track 2).bin

The cue file properly points to both BINs. I've also tried capitalizing all the extensions (and inside the cue), but that doesn't seem to work. The OP mentioned that the BIN and CUE must have the same name, but that's not possible with multiple tracks (altho I tried renaming the Track 1 BIN to match the cue, but that didn't work either).

If multi-track doesn't work, is there a way to merge the BIN files?
    Have you tried to remove the cue and play the .bin directly? I don't think it's setup to handle this case very well. I'll look to fix it in the future. If that doesn't work, then you might need to rename the cue to one of the bins.

I'll try to get the interim Dev Alpha version out soon.
    01-14-13 10:44 AM
    Hi having trouble with emulators in general.

When I loaded up the PS1 emulator it seems ok, until I try and load a game. It just closes the whole thing.

I also downloaded a SNES emulator which closes as soon as I click on it.

The Genesis emulator won't even install. It says on my laptop it has, but does not appear on my Playbook. Are the gaming gods against me or something?

Hope someone can help.
    01-17-13 04:57 AM
    If it's a bin/cue, try to remove the cue from the device and just launch the bin. The emulator is picky about the case of the contents of the .cue file. Try some of the games mentioned in the thread as working, as with all emulators compatibility is always an issue.
    01-17-13 12:13 PM
    Wow i just did what your post said works like a dream now im reliving the old days once again and its as clear as the day i played it on my psone cheers
    01-20-13 07:17 PM
    First what a marvelous contribution to the great playbook
    I have a quick question. In regard to deleting cue file and use bin file instead, what do I do to make PSX recognizing bin file? When I load up the emulator only cue file shows up in menu. I tried renaming the bin file to cue file but that didn't help. I tried to figure out why parasite eve 2 is stuck at Sony loading screen, thanks.
    01-30-13 03:19 PM
    So the goal when I first did this was to reduce clutter in the list. If a bin and cue is present, it'll only show the cue and hide the bin. If you want to see the bin, delete the cue. I realize this isn't the best, and I have a better front-end in the works (cascades though so you'd have to wait till PB gets BB10).

As for the Dev Alpha release, I had it running a bit ago but it seems to have broken in the latest code. I didn't have time to debug until recently. I have it mostly working again, but it's not quite back to where it was on Playbook (bios issues, though I can load games again).
    01-31-13 09:36 AM
    Thank you for the prompt answer

Looking forward to your latest work when bb10 is launched for playbook.
    02-01-13 07:15 PM
    Sir can you just create pcsx2 or 3 which will be a great thing pllzzzz
    02-07-13 11:06 AM
    nice, lets try it�!�!�
    02-10-13 01:20 AM
    Catalystg! awesome stuff!!

not sure if this was asked but with hdmi out to the tv, sound only comes out of pb. any ideas?
    02-11-13 07:28 PM
    Catalystg! awesome stuff!!

not sure if this was asked but with hdmi out to the tv, sound only comes out of pb. any ideas?
    This was a known issue. I think it would be fixed if you connect to HDMI first then start the game. Let me know otherwise. I'll look into fixing it, if it isn't already in BB10.
    02-12-13 06:31 AM
    This was a known issue. I think it would be fixed if you connect to HDMI first then start the game. Let me know otherwise. I'll look into fixing it, if it isn't already in BB10.
    Keep ya posted
    02-13-13 12:10 AM
    Hi, you've repeatedly said you're working on a BB10 version right? Does this also mean you're working to make it work on the Z10? Thanks.
    03-20-13 11:19 AM
    Hi, you've repeatedly said you're working on a BB10 version right? Does this also mean you're working to make it work on the Z10? Thanks.
    It's been released and working on the Z10 for almost a month, same with N64. See the BlackBerry 10 games forum for both. Here's the PS thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...scades-775283/
    03-20-13 11:42 AM
720 ... 2526272829
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD