PlayOn | Watch Hulu, CBS.com, MLB.tv, Netflix, and more on your TV with PlayOn!

$19.99 right now for a yearly subscription, and you get locked into that price (renews at 19.99)

Worth it for streaming netflix to your playbook.

I am eagerly awaiting my playbook christmas day, and will be getting this computer program, along with modern combat, and the gameloft RTS (any good?)

Thought I would share.
    Last edited by jtokarchuk; 12-22-11 at 10:22 AM. Reason: semantics gave the wrong idea.
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    12-22-11 07:23 AM
    Sorry to dissapoint, but there is no PlayOn app for the PlayBook
    12-22-11 09:51 AM
    It is a service that turns a local computer of yours into a streaming server. It then utilizes flash over a web address to stream data to you.

so no, there is no PlayON app, it is a computer app. However, it directly relates to the Playbook as it allows you to do things (i.e. use your computer as an intermediary to push Netflix (a silverlight service) to your Playbook over Flash.)

So, no dissapointment
    Last edited by jtokarchuk; 12-22-11 at 10:34 AM.
    houshinto#IM likes this.
    12-22-11 10:21 AM
    It is a service that turns a local computer of yours into a streamign server. It then utilizes flash over a web address to stream data to you.

so no, there is no PlayON app, it is a computer app. However, it directly relates to the Playbook as it allows you to do things (i.e. use your computer as an intermediary to push Netflix (a silverlight service) to your Playbook over Flash.

So, no dissapointment
    And with that a negative nancy is silenced. Good Job OP.
    12-22-11 10:26 AM
    yes the rts game is good, plays very well, if you like starcraft and dont mind a shameless ripoff you'll get a kick out of it.
    12-22-11 10:31 PM
    PlayOn | Watch Hulu, CBS.com, MLB.tv, Netflix, and more on your TV with PlayOn!

$19.99 right now for a yearly subscription, and you get locked into that price (renews at 19.99)

Worth it for streaming netflix to your playbook.

I am eagerly awaiting my playbook christmas day, and will be getting this computer program, along with modern combat, and the gameloft RTS (any good?)

Thought I would share.
    are you using it yourself? If so, do I have to have my computer turned on at home to stream Netflix to my PB while i'm at school?.
    12-23-11 09:19 AM
    are you using it yourself? If so, do I have to have my computer turned on at home to stream Netflix to my PB while i'm at school?.
    Yes, you need to have your computer turned on and a port open on your wifi router so you can access PlayOn from outside of your home/local network.

One thing that is not mentioned regarding using it from outside of the home is that some network connections, such as cable, are biased towards download, not upload. Streaming it to an outside connection, such as when you are at school, would use your upload bandwidth, which may not be quick enough. For example, I am on 20Mbps basic cable, but the upload is only about 1.5Mbps. I have the option to get faster cable, but at a price and I really don't need faster upload.
    12-23-11 09:43 AM
    looks like there is a free trial. I willbe trying it out.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    12-23-11 03:42 PM
    If your Canadian dont waste your time or your money. 90% of the plugins dont work. Netflix is hit and miss.
    12-23-11 11:29 PM
    Thanks for this post. Jumped on the lifetime for half price
    12-24-11 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD