My Doom port was fairly popular around here in the forums so I ported over Heretic too (which I actually like a bit more than Doom). It's available in the App World now and I'm eager to hear your opinions about it.
    sushistew and Wolfgan like this.
    03-13-12 11:37 AM
    Excellent news, Heretic is a great game. I will check it out when I get home Working your way up the ladder of games here, perhaps a Diablo port in the making? lol
    03-13-12 11:39 AM
    You should port the Duck Hunt Flash game...
    03-13-12 11:45 AM
    Hexen is more likely to be my next candidate but I'm also hard at work on my own completely original game.
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    03-13-12 11:47 AM
    Also a great game. Will your game be of the same type (RPG/RTS type game) and similar graphics levels?
    03-13-12 11:52 AM
    It's in a quite early state, but it planned to be a western themed tower defense game with a twist, with pixel art grapics.
    r0v3rT3N and Rob Robertson like this.
    03-13-12 11:59 AM
    It's in a quite early state, but it planned to be a western themed tower defense game with a twist, with pixel art grapics.
    Sounds interesting... Are you thinking of making it free or paid?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    03-13-12 01:58 PM
    I plan it to be a paid app. I honestly think that too much free apps actually hurt the ecosystem. Just look at Android, the flood of free apps makes the quality paid apps hard to sell.
    03-13-12 02:58 PM
    man i used to be addicted to this game. have not seen it in yrs, now i can play it? thanks man keep up the awesome work.
    03-13-12 06:17 PM
    I plan it to be a paid app. I honestly think that too much free apps actually hurt the ecosystem. Just look at Android, the flood of free apps makes the quality paid apps hard to sell.
    I agree with you, what language are you using? (C++ I'm guessing?) I'm a student learning Java and C++...

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    03-13-12 08:14 PM
    Hexen is more likely to be my next candidate but I'm also hard at work on my own completely original game.
    Please put Hexen on App world I will buy it asap.
    03-13-12 08:18 PM
    r0v3rT3N: I actually use AS3 for Doom and Heretic, when I started to work on Doom, there was no native development possibilities available, so these games are made with Alchemy. I have a working version of Quake 1 this way, it's fast and plays the demos well but crashes during level loading due some limitation in the air virtual machine on PlayBook (it works perfectly on Android). If I ever want to finish it, I must use C++ and the NDK probably so all in all I use the programming language that fits the project most but I really love AS3 and Air because of the write once, run on any platform mentality.

llllBULLSEYE: I'm working Hexen, it will be probably my next release.

Also, I just noticed how I mispelled the topic's title, I was in a hurry. It's meant to be "a Heretic port for PlayBook", I gotta find a mod to change this I guess...
    03-14-12 05:14 AM
    The Hexen port is released too.
    Denus likes this.
    04-06-12 03:15 PM
    It's true in the iOS world too. Some friends of mine made an iOS app and just couldn't get visibility because the free, similar apps would have so many more downloads...
    04-06-12 03:37 PM
    If there are similar free apps, it's very hard to get visibility with a paid app in any app marketplace. Even if the quality is well above the free crowd, a free trial or some other hooks needed (if the app is not a game) to get the users at least look at our software.
    04-06-12 04:48 PM
    Ive had it for a few days. I like it better than doom.. Id like an official port of quake1 now
    04-06-12 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD