I emailed Amazon but got the stock response that they are aware of the PB, but no commitment on when or even if. So I am using Kobo and it gets the job done. Also using PlayEpub which works well with magazines converted from Calibre (non-DRAM as mentioned earlier).
    Where do you find non DRM magazines?
    07-05-11 01:53 PM
    Go to Calibre web page and download the application to your PC or Mac. Click fetch news and you'll see a wide selection. Some are magazines, newspapers or conversions from web pages. Then you can convert them to various formats, including epub. The drag to the Playbook vis USB. PlayEpub seems to do a better job of indexing the articles, but Epub Reader also works fine. You can also download them to you Kindle if you have one. Enjoy.
    07-05-11 06:28 PM
    Thank you! I just put the latest version of Calibre on my laptop the other day, but it didn't occur to me to click 'news.' Calibre works well, and i can push the epubs via wifi sharing. As I have not updated to the latest OS i don't get the upgrade for Epub Reader, but Playepub rocks for me. (Ive stayed away from the latest OS because of reports that it breaks the PDF reader.)
    07-05-11 07:34 PM
    Just downloaded the "EPUB Reader" works well, for whoever asked above if it supports clicking of links the answer is yes, you just need to turn scrolling mode on.
    07-07-11 05:28 PM
    There is another one: SVIT - with preloaded ebooks.
    07-08-11 03:44 PM
    To access books via Epub - Go to settings security pick Epub App and make sure the Application Permissions setting is "ALLOWED" and not "DENIED"
    07-18-11 03:52 PM
    How do you delete a bookmark?
    11-13-11 07:43 AM
    How do you delete a bookmark?
    No one?????
    11-23-11 08:46 PM
    write the developer, he is good about responding to emails
    11-24-11 09:51 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD