who is keeping these as private? who made these videos? why bother posting if they dont work?
    BECAUSE IT'S EXCITING. and i really didn't know they didn't worked till i was half way done the thread. figured i wouldnt get in trouble haha :P i didnt rip the videos down and post them up on my account to view. just a lil something to tell people it's coming
    04-10-11 04:03 PM
    can you please test the tethering and see how fast it is? try to load up videos or stream something. i wonder if the 3g via bt is any good because that how i'll be primarily using it.
    hahahaha only a few days until we all have one to show you
    04-10-11 07:53 PM
    Anyone have any idea what/if the keyboard works in portrait view? I sort of think I will be holding it this way when typing email and such. How does it look?
    04-11-11 10:35 AM
    I'm sure this won't be as big of a deal as we are making it out to be, but this is certainly a big slip for CB in terms of maintaining confidentiality.

I have noticed the lack of Kevin's presence on the blog and yea, I'm sure he's had one for a while now and has been making videos and all sorts of neat launch day things...I'll put money on that.
    04-11-11 10:51 AM
    Anyone have any idea what/if the keyboard works in portrait view? I sort of think I will be holding it this way when typing email and such. How does it look?
    Tried it out this weekend. It works. Actually better in portrait mode than landscape.
    04-11-11 10:51 AM
    Tried it out this weekend. It works. Actually better in portrait mode than landscape.
    Especially if you have oversized thumbs - like me!
    04-11-11 10:54 AM
    all this means is the NDA embargo is going to be lifted soon. My personal guess would be in the next couple days, maybe even tomorrow since we'll be within a week of launch. CB probably just wanted to upload them early so they could have everything ready at midnight.
    04-11-11 11:10 AM
    all this means is the NDA embargo is going to be lifted soon. My personal guess would be in the next couple days, maybe even tomorrow since we'll be within a week of launch. CB probably just wanted to upload them early so they could have everything ready at midnight.
    I'm sure YouTube isn't supposed to send out emails about private videos
    04-11-11 02:46 PM
    Just because Kevin, or any blogger or media outlet got a PB certainly does NOT mean they are shipping. The bloggers/media always get the devices early (almost always) so they can have their reviews ready for launch day. It's the 19th folks, it's possible a retailer will screw up an release a day or so early, but unlikely, especially not for a signature product like this.
    04-11-11 02:57 PM
    yes it does work, i tried it at best buy in toronto on the weekend, feels quite comfortable and familiar coming from a touchscreen blackberry
    04-11-11 06:02 PM
    This is pretty cool... However it will only cause further procrastination...
    04-11-11 06:31 PM
    Can anyone confirm a sd card slot on any of these devices .... I know that it is or was a item of controvercy a bit ago .... Just curious

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-11 06:45 PM
    Can anyone confirm a sd card slot on any of these devices .... I know that it is or was a item of controvercy a bit ago .... Just curious

There won't be any sd Card, if there is the 64 and 32 model won't be needed.

04-11-11 07:13 PM
    Yes I ordered a 64gb model myself .... But my wife dose photography and would like to be able to take the sd card in her camera and put it into the playbook for viewing the pics she just took .... I have heard some reps from rim saying recently that it will have a sd card slot on the bottom by the usb and hdmi ports I have also heard the opposite .... Don't know if its true or not .... Which is why I ask the people who have the final hardware version to answer if they can

Last edited by starfleet_k; 04-11-11 at 08:10 PM.
    04-11-11 07:18 PM
    There won't be any sd Card, if there is the 64 and 32 model won't be needed.

For some not all. I am buying a 32 regardless.

Transferring files is much easier. Especially when those files are pictures.
    04-11-11 08:09 PM
    so... any brick breaker?
    04-11-11 09:24 PM
    so... any brick breaker?
    You'll know in T-6 days
    04-11-11 09:41 PM
    Damn, too bad it's not 2007 anymore -

Used to be a way to cache private videos and download the files so you could watch them off the site. That was before Google bought the site and actually made it good/safe
    04-12-11 12:31 AM
    A little something to wet the appetite

Personally, I'm bouncing because the thing that matter to me most (using my BBs internet connection for the PB too) looks like it'll be a reality.

Thats such a big deal to me its untrue, and indeed I think its a way bigger feature than a lot of tablet manufacturers realize. Any tablet I use is going to be a secondary device, and frankly I get kinda upset that with practically any other tablet, I either have to get another contract, or at least buy the much more expensive 3g models and swap sims about. The phone w/Wifi hotspot approach just destroys battery and isn't an option to me.

So hurrah for RIM and giving us a much better option. BT tethering should mean much better battery life and mean that the cheapest PB is a real option for those of us on a budget. Oh and bridge ofc, so while I'm doing whatever on my PB, I needn't use my BB at all. Wonderful!
    04-12-11 07:30 AM
    i'd much rather use my wireless hotspot feature on my android than bluetooth tethering...

faster speeds...BT has a slow transfer speed
    04-12-11 07:33 AM
    I tried logging in with various combinations of: Kevin, Crackebrrykevin, playbook, Canada, winning, etc.....

to no avail. Oh well. I guess Kevin has a secure password!
    04-12-11 08:13 AM
    I tried logging in with various combinations of: Kevin, Crackebrrykevin, playbook, Canada, winning, etc.....

Seriously? Wow.
    04-12-11 08:27 AM

and maybe email address? haha
    04-12-11 12:16 PM
    anddd the videos now work
    04-13-11 08:24 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD