I know I may be shunned as a optimistic, but after adding the SNES and PSX emulators to my playbook and hooking it up to my tv via hdmi I cant help but be awe struck by this, being able to play some of my favorite games from different consoles in one place,added with portability to wherever i go, just amazing lol.

I read in a post recently that pb will be getting bluetooth controller support? dont know how true that is but I can only imagine how awesome it would be to hook pb up to my tv, sit back and play ps1/snes classics with lets say my ps3 controller.

Mann if all this was more common knowledge I bet there'd be a flood of new pb users.
    axllebeer likes this.
    04-30-12 10:36 AM
    The trouble is that getting the roms in the first place, getting them to work perfectly every time is beyond most users patience levels so it's great for the niche market but not for the mainstream user!
    04-30-12 10:40 AM
    The thing is that Android has these emulators + bluetooth controllers + hdmi out... last year.
    It also has Amiga, MAME, N64 (which Playbook doesn't have)
    And this year it's seeing NDS, PSP and Sega Saturn emulator ports.
    04-30-12 10:56 AM
    Android has been out for 4-5 years, PlayBook OS has been out for just over a year on only a tablet. Yes, we are playing catch up, but it seems we are moving relatively quick to me. All the work that goes into those android ports help the future PlayBook ports too like optimizing for ARM.
    collapsed and llllBULLSEYE like this.
    04-30-12 11:17 AM
    If we get diablo 3 and controller support then it will be the ultimate console.
    04-30-12 12:57 PM
    But...PSP can already do everything you just said, but more, and more efficiently. Same with PC obviously...

Good luck anything ever seeing a working saturn, psp, ds emulator but hey you can always wish.
    04-30-12 03:54 PM
    Do you have something against the playbook? Some people have no want for a psp -- much less one that requires a certain motherboard revision and custom firmware -- and we are working to provide some fun functionality.
    bugmeyes likes this.
    04-30-12 04:33 PM
    Android has been out for 4-5 years, PlayBook OS has been out for just over a year on only a tablet. Yes, we are playing catch up, but it seems we are moving relatively quick to me. All the work that goes into those android ports help the future PlayBook ports too like optimizing for ARM.
    yep
    Plus when Android was release it took them over a year to release a SNES emulator and almost 2 years for the PSX one.
    The first year they only had Gameboy and nes emulator.

The only Thing about the PSX emulator is the games now take up a lot of
    space compare to the SNES games. Guess its time to upgrade to 64GB.
    Funny my Playbook started as a web browser some apps 1 game the free NFS
    and now is turning out to be a gaming powerhouse for me.
    04-30-12 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD