i have the free playbook tv app version
    thinking of purchasing the tv ap with cnn live
    is cnn live( is this live streaming) or streamed from earlier day etc
    also the same with espn
    thanks
    07-14-12 11:00 AM
    I use Tablet TV, it's good enough for the amount of tv I watch which is minimal.
    07-14-12 01:51 PM
    FYI TV apps are basically website aggregators. They take you to the channel's sites to watch available videos. In some cases that may mean live feeds. Don't expect anything more or special access to channels. You also must have paid access to view some website content. I have 2 tv apps. They are what they are and nothing more. You pretty much pay for the convenience of having the channels gathered in one place. Hope this helps.
    07-15-12 12:27 AM
    I made Tablet TV (the original one anyway); glad you like the free version
    I can't recall off the top of my head if CNN is live or not. I just did a Google search and it looks like there is a live cnn feed (can't be sure cuz I'm on my BlackBerry and so I don't have flash to check).
    If you buy the full version and CNN isn't live, email me at support (at) scrapps (dot) org and I'll add the live feed (assuming it is a live feed that I just found, CNN.com Live is the url if you want to check).
    ESPN requires a subscription so I can't confirm if it's live or catch-up.
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 08-06-12 at 12:25 PM.
    07-15-12 01:50 AM
    How many get most of their tv online now? I do.
    07-15-12 07:56 AM
    I haven't payed for cable lol. Had it included in the rent in a few apartments, but with everything online I don't intend to buy cable (that's a huge reason why TabTV was created). Had Netflix till they decided to not plan to build a PlayBook app.
    07-16-12 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD