Yes it can be done. There are a few setting tweaks you need to make on your router and on both the streaming client on your PC AND the app on your PB. Instructions are at their website. It works nicely for me, BUT only on other wifi networks, does not work via a 3G bridge connection.
    Great! thanks for the response, I appreciate it.. I will check the site out tonight.
    03-01-12 10:06 PM
    Man I'm out of the loop. I didn't know windows 8 was even out
    03-01-12 10:17 PM
    So I just got around to playing with the browser on the Windows 8 preview and Youtube does work through the Metro IE Browser. I did install the version of flash that it asked for. The main page for the site still complained that I did not have the proper version of Flash but it still worked. One thing you could try is the HTML5 version of Youtube and see if that works.

Edit:
    Seems to be hit and miss with some videos. Installing Firefox they all seem to work through that but the native browser is a no go for most of them.
    I tried that today and an HTML 5 YouTube video wouldn't play it stating that the browser is not supported. Kind of ironic since IE 10 scores much better (314 +6 ) than previous versions. I figure they are making the old mistake of coding to the browser version number.
    03-01-12 10:32 PM
    Has anyone ever had any experience with Virtual Box for Mac/Win? I installed Windows 8 inside Virtual Box on my Mac running OS X Lion.

Using Splashtop allows me to see the virtual box but not control it. However, Virtual Box does allow for remote displays. Can I use Splashtop or another app on the PlayBook to connect?
    I use Splashtop on the Playbook to connect to and control a Windows 7 VM running in Virtualbox on a Fedora host. All I needed to do was configure Virtualbox to pass thru requests on ports 6783-6785 to the VM (Splashtop uses all 3 ).
    03-01-12 10:40 PM
    When you installed Windows 8, did it replace your current operating system or partition to install along side, so you could choose which operating system to boot?
    Haven't tried yet myself but apparently you can set aside a 20+ gig partition on your current win 7 hard drive and download/burn an image of the win 8 preview on a dvd and reboot and install it on that new partition and when you boot your pc after installation you will come to a welcome menu giving you the option to boot in win 7 or 8 and options to set either one as default.. I guess it will set 8 as default but can be changed.. Just make sure you put win 8 on your new partition lol and as always installing a os can mess things up so it's a good idea to backup any precious data
    03-01-12 11:23 PM
    Do you have to have the PC on to use the splashtop app?
    Any kind of vm software requires your host pc be turned on heh splashtop will connect to your pc as long as it's running splashtop streamer can't connect to a pc that's not there though.. (aka turned off)
    03-01-12 11:27 PM
    Am I missing some setting in windows 8 that will make it behave like a touchscreen when splashtop controls it? Because with the playbook touchscreen behaving more like a mouse, I fail to see the advantage.
    Triple booting Win7, Win8, and Linux Mint.
    03-01-12 11:57 PM
    Yeah dont see the advantage either
    03-02-12 02:47 AM
    The problem with with using Splashtop on the PB for W8 is that you are missing one of the best parts of using W8 on a touchscreen: the gestures!
    03-02-12 07:38 AM
    Hey sorry if this is off topic but I have a question about splashtop. I have it hooked up on a wireless windows 7 pc, but it only works at home, whenever I am out hooked up on wifi it doesn't connect. That was why I bought it so it's useless to me, anyone have a setup similar running?

And yes please post a screen shot! I can't wait for Windows 8!
    Login to splashtop on your computer and playbook using the same gmail account(has to be gmail) and you will be able to access your home computer using any wifi connection.

You do not need to tweak any settings like previously suggested
    03-02-12 09:45 AM
    I can't get the corners to work (for all the Windows 8 Metro goodness). How are you task-switching, accessing settings, etc?
    03-02-12 01:23 PM
    I'm thinking you might need a multi touch pc/laptop to use any of the gestures via splashtop.. Maybe? If u don't have touch or multi touch your just emulating the 1 mouse cursor? Might not make any difference with splashtop because I think it does just that anyway.
    03-02-12 04:29 PM
    installs over your last version but gives the option to dual boot. i have it as well and am loving it, glad they kept alot of the features from the closed beta, which i was a part of too.
    03-03-12 04:01 PM
    I picked this up as well and was very disappointed by the zero touch support in metro via Spashtop HD. Thread title is misleading IMHO. I will look around and see if there is a way to get around this and report back. The video resolution is also not correct but I know there are tools around to tweak that.

Office 2013 Preview is out today this is why I was looking at this.
    07-16-12 05:23 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD