I've gotta say windows 8 is pretty awesome, but because I don't have a touchscreen pc using splashtop is making it a much more enjoyable experience
    02-29-12 04:44 PM
    Aha, using your Playbook to create a remote touch screen overlay for Windows. Cool!
    00stryder likes this.
    02-29-12 04:56 PM
    exactly! haha love splashtop especially because it can stream audio and video, would be more useful if windows 8 could play youtube videos though
    02-29-12 05:02 PM
    exactly! haha love splashtop especially because it can stream audio and video, would be more useful if windows 8 could play youtube videos though
    wait, what?
    02-29-12 05:06 PM
    Was thinking about getting splashtop but wasn't sure if it would work with Win8. Now I know it does. Thanks.
    02-29-12 05:59 PM
    Wow cant believe how well this works.
    02-29-12 06:16 PM
    It's an amazing application well worth your bucks if you know what features are in it.
    And what features you want to use.
    02-29-12 06:20 PM
    Screenshot please.
    02-29-12 09:37 PM
    Have you tried it from the classic desktop and explorer?
    02-29-12 09:39 PM
    I've gotta say windows 8 is pretty awesome, but because I don't have a touchscreen pc using splashtop is making it a much more enjoyable experience
    When you installed Windows 8, did it replace your current operating system or partition to install along side, so you could choose which operating system to boot?
    nimrodity likes this.
    02-29-12 10:11 PM
    Hey sorry if this is off topic but I have a question about splashtop. I have it hooked up on a wireless windows 7 pc, but it only works at home, whenever I am out hooked up on wifi it doesn't connect. That was why I bought it so it's useless to me, anyone have a setup similar running?

And yes please post a screen shot! I can't wait for Windows 8!
    02-29-12 10:42 PM
    Here is the screenshots, i installed win8 over my existing os but only because i was running ubuntu, and yea i've tried in classic desktop mode and have the same result
    03-01-12 01:27 AM
    Dumb question: how do I type on my computer from Splashtop? Am I out of luck if I don't own a BB phone? I got Splashtop to work (Windows 7) but I can find no way to type in any of the text input areas.
    03-01-12 03:32 AM
    Dumb question: how do I type on my computer from Splashtop? Am I out of luck if I don't own a BB phone? I got Splashtop to work (Windows 7) but I can find no way to type in any of the text input areas.
    I got stumped with this theother day also. You need to drag finger from the bottom left to centre on playbook and keyboard will come up.
    03-01-12 04:07 AM
    Flash player works fine in the classic desktop version of IE.

@Shn I'm have splashtop connect to a wireless PC at home but I haven't tried it outside the house yet. I'll give that a shot today.
    cjterminator likes this.
    03-01-12 07:14 AM
    I installed ein 8 on my Laptop and tried splashtop,but it runs much slower than on my Desktop with win7.
    But win8 itself runs pretty nice though for a beta.
    What bothered me is the Mix between the touch ui and the classic Desktop ui.
    Hope they will get it more seamless till the finale out.
    03-01-12 10:32 AM
    Can u type on ur blackberry smartphone connected to ur playbook so windows recognized it? That would be cool.
    03-01-12 11:05 AM
    Has anyone ever had any experience with Virtual Box for Mac/Win? I installed Windows 8 inside Virtual Box on my Mac running OS X Lion.

Using Splashtop allows me to see the virtual box but not control it. However, Virtual Box does allow for remote displays. Can I use Splashtop or another app on the PlayBook to connect?
    03-01-12 12:49 PM
    Can u type on ur blackberry smartphone connected to ur playbook so windows recognized it? That would be cool.
    Yes, but doesn't recognize mouse.
    03-01-12 01:47 PM
    Hey sorry if this is off topic but I have a question about splashtop. I have it hooked up on a wireless windows 7 pc, but it only works at home, whenever I am out hooked up on wifi it doesn't connect. That was why I bought it so it's useless to me, anyone have a setup similar running?

And yes please post a screen shot! I can't wait for Windows 8!
    Yes it can be done. There are a few setting tweaks you need to make on your router and on both the streaming client on your PC AND the app on your PB. Instructions are at their website. It works nicely for me, BUT only on other wifi networks, does not work via a 3G bridge connection.
    03-01-12 02:05 PM
    Here is the screenshots, i installed win8 over my existing os but only because i was running ubuntu, and yea i've tried in classic desktop mode and have the same result
    So I just got around to playing with the browser on the Windows 8 preview and Youtube does work through the Metro IE Browser. I did install the version of flash that it asked for. The main page for the site still complained that I did not have the proper version of Flash but it still worked. One thing you could try is the HTML5 version of Youtube and see if that works.

Edit:
    Seems to be hit and miss with some videos. Installing Firefox they all seem to work through that but the native browser is a no go for most of them.
    Last edited by Fenrir26; 03-01-12 at 06:25 PM.
    03-01-12 06:11 PM
    Do you have to have the PC on to use the splashtop app?
    03-01-12 06:20 PM
    Can I use Skype on my PC thru Splashtop on Playbook?
    03-01-12 06:23 PM
    Can I use Skype on my PC thru Splashtop on Playbook?
    I've tried it and:

(a) it doesn't mute the pc speakers like it does when streaming music for example - you hear the sound both on the PB and the pc.

(b) When I tried the Skype test call, the mic on the PB did not pick up my voice, it was the pc mic.
    03-01-12 09:40 PM
    I have eggs.
    03-01-12 09:42 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD