07-07-12 11:22 AM
41 12
tools
    So this is a little video of Remote RDP Entreprise on the android player. Sorry for the poor quality but this is the best i can do with what i have

I don't have any issue with 7'' screen and don't see the need of bigger one..!

Thank you so much for this. It was a great help to be able to actually SEE it in action.

Couple of questions though, how well does the clicking work for the mouse? And can you use Fkeys on the keyboard in RDM?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-20-11 09:26 AM
    Can anyone provide a video or a link to a ipad RDM?

08-20-11 09:28 AM
    Can you use GoToMyPC via Android player? GoToMyPC is the only one my office will allow.
    08-20-11 11:17 AM
    so i made the leap and picked up a playbook for testing purposes. so far its a great little device. I absolutely love the size of the playbook, but the only thing standing in the way of it being a fantastic device is that i havent been able to find a RD app that works how i like.

i picked up rdm+, and its pretty good but the downside to it is that it dosent send the text you type in real time. you have to type into a text box then hit the send button to send the text. that reason alone i feel i wasted 10 bucks on that app.

has anyone had any good experiences using log me in or any other webbased solutions?

i have been messing around with the android market, but there are way to many apps to try them all out.....any suggestions?
    08-28-11 09:47 AM
    I have been using RDM+ and it works perfectly even when tethering from my 9810.
    Hallo, I was reading your discussion about using RDM+ and would have some questions

(I am considering to purchase a PB also for remote usage).

If you use RDM+ on playbook tethering from your BB, can you use the hotkeys on the playbook?

I read some reviews about the RDM+ app for playbook and were not very encouraging, so I was wondering what was better, to use the PB app or the one on BB tethering with PB.

Thanks
    11-02-11 08:52 AM
    i have been messing around with the android market, but there are way to many apps to try them all out.....any suggestions?
    I'd suggest you check the sticky threads about androd apps running under 2.0.
    If I remember well, there's a how to in witch the (blessed) author gives an app as an example ... lucky you it's RDP pro. I've been testing it for a while and it met mostly my needs and seems quite fast.
    (of course this means you run OS 2.0 beta on your PB)
    11-02-11 12:55 PM
    Simple. It's running on a PB and not an iPad.
    ROFL!

Squash that fanboy back!

That made me giggle. Nice one.
    11-04-11 07:37 PM
    The truth is that there are only few of us who actually need the remote desktop functionality. Most likely, this is the reason we don't get good remote control apps.

I'm using IMT VNC.
    It is free and requires TightVNC server installed on my desktop PC.
    It works OK, but somehow I don't see it fit your requirements.

I have one issue with this app though ... I got a BT mouse and keyboard. My plan was to hook up the PB to my TV and then do the remote desktop.
    Unfortunately, the app is optimized for touch (it has buttons for enabling left and right mouse click), but it doesn't take advantage of a connected mouse. Since it is a free app, I don't expect an update soon.

I'm impressed by the Citrix receiver.
    Tried the demo cloud and it is great. The option for sharing specific applications makes the experience one of a kind.
    Unfortunately, Citrix's products are too expensive for my wallet. They are not targeting end users, but corporations and universities.
    zzbsb likes this.
    11-04-11 09:15 PM
    RDM will not load on my Playbook. No help frome RDM. Gets stuck at the loading screen at 1%
    11-29-11 11:48 PM
    I'd suggest you check the sticky threads about androd apps running under 2.0.
    If I remember well, there's a how to in witch the (blessed) author gives an app as an example ... lucky you it's RDP pro. I've been testing it for a while and it met mostly my needs and seems quite fast.
    (of course this means you run OS 2.0 beta on your PB)
    I'm using RDP pro too and it's very good.
    11-30-11 08:05 AM
    RDM will not load on my Playbook. No help frome RDM. Gets stuck at the loading screen at 1%
    if you're stuck at 1% or get a funny error code, it might be the wifi router/security that is denying access to that site. i have the same problem at work and can't get to my home pc. Ironically, from home i can access my work computer.
    11-30-11 11:04 AM
    I've loaded 2 different RDP android apps and they both work just fine. I'm happy now and can't wait for the company I support to allow me to update thier legacy Citrix environment so I can access other tools.
    11-30-11 12:52 PM
    Citrix app is out.
    12-24-11 07:01 AM
    I also need RDP, but a smaller form factor is important, too. I am running the beta OS 2.0 .0.6149, and sideloaded Remote Desktop 3.5.2 on my playbook (erhandwa was kind enough to convert the apk to bar and I've attached it). It works fine, just not via bridge (wi-fi only). I don't know if that will be possible in the future or not, but as it is I can find a hotspot if I need to work with the data while on the road.

As to 10 inch vs 7 inch, de gustibus non disputandum est. It will be a trade-off either way. I find that once I get to where i need to be in the RDP environment, I type better with my thumbs in portrait mode. The swipes are easy and in the 2.0 beta it recognizes both android and playbook gestures. For me, if I need a larger screen I'd want a full size; 10 inches isn't big enough when I need the larger size monitor, and the greater portability of the PB makes it better for me.

I hope this helps. Merry Christmas!
    12-24-11 10:52 AM
    02-04-12 06:41 PM
    I still need a specific hookup for GoToMyPC for work.
    07-07-12 11:22 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD