Does anyone else have issues with the search function in the podcast app? I have been trying to add all the podcsts I listen to, and I have problems finding some. Oddly, if I try the exact same search 4 or 5 times it seems to stumble onto it.
    04-26-12 07:57 PM
    I don't know why their selection is so bad, all they need to do is import feeds from popular podcasts. It isn't hard to get the major news networks and the itunes top 100 added to the feed.
    04-26-12 10:18 PM
    I don't know why their selection is so bad, all they need to do is import feeds from popular podcasts. It isn't hard to get the major news networks and the itunes top 100 added to the feed.
    Ya, after this post I thought I would manually sort through the categories. Some of the shows I am looking for just aren't there which is why I couldn't search for them.

The search engine is so wonky though. It seems that if you even use the different case in some cases, or forget 'the' at the start of a podcast name, it won't find it with a search. I was able to find one I was having issues with after 5 tries using different variations of the words.

On top of that there are a couple of podcasts I have been trying to listen to that just randomly stop, go back to the start, and start playing again. I tried the ol' standby, restart and try again, but no luck.

While I hate the look and design of that app, I had thought it was at least functional until I really started trying to use it more.

Anyone know of any decent alternatives out there?
    Last edited by torndownunit; 04-27-12 at 06:02 AM.
    04-27-12 05:49 AM
    I have a friend who podcasts. He had to manually add his feed to the list. I believe that's the same with iTunes.

But people WILL go to iTunes and add their feeds, no matter how small their business is. I bet 90% of the world isn't aware RIM offers podcasting services. And just guess who's to blame on this with their "let's not release apps worldwide" poticy...

Still... Can't you add your feeds manually, anyway?

Oh, on he issues: My app works fine. Maybe the media you downloaded is corrupted?
    04-27-12 06:00 AM
    I have a friend who podcasts. He had to manually add his feed to the list. I believe that's the same with iTunes.

But people WILL go to iTunes and add their feeds, no matter how small their business is. I bet 90% of the world isn't aware RIM offers podcasting services. And just guess who's to blame on this with their "let's not release apps worldwide" poticy...

Still... Can't you add your feeds manually, anyway?

Oh, on he issues: My app works fine. Maybe the media you downloaded is corrupted?
    The thing is rim is not offering 'podcast services', they have an app for accessing podcast feeds. There are dozens of apps for other os's that people don't have to manually add their feed to. What source is the rim app getting them from?

I don't mind having to manually add a feed, but that doesn't change that whatever system that rim app is using is crappy, because you don't have to do that with other podcast apps. You search, it finds, you subscribe is how they work.

Unfortunately, I don't see many alternative apps out there for play book. So if anyone knows of any please post.
    04-27-12 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD