I have a weird problem. I have about 200 artists missing from my PB. When the PB is connected to my PC, i can navigate through the z:\ drive and locate the folder... when i am using the Music App, the artists do not show up in the list...

I can however search for the artists or songs by them on the PB & i can choose to play, but they still do not show up under artist??
    02-01-12 08:54 AM
    Did you just disconnect from your PC? I mentioned on another thread earlier this morning that the music player can take a looooong time to "settle" and recognize everything after one does a music sync on the PC. I mean sometimes an hour or more depending on how many songs you have.
    02-01-12 09:04 AM
    I just copied and pasted from my PC to the PB directly to the music directory... I didn't do a "Media Sync." Is this something I should do instead of copy & Pate?? This is the same way i copy movies to my PB...
    02-01-12 05:34 PM
    If your mp3 tags are all filled out and correct, then they should show up. I recall that there are/were different versions of the tags ID's so it might be possible that the info does not show if not in the "correct" mp3 id format??? (I only know enough to be dangerous!)

And I used drag/drop, too and I think most of mine (or all) are showing correctly. I believe I checked that in MediaMonkey which allows one to sort by the various tag-info fields and it can show when fields are missing data.
    02-01-12 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD