The number one primary reason I don't use Mail on iPad or iPhone is because it's open for everyone to see.

I hope RIM will add a launch passcode lock feature to prevent everyone from accessing your email. How Possible is this?
    04-25-11 08:17 PM
    If/When Native Email comes to the PlayBook Wifi/4g/3g models, I hope this will be a forced addition, should be inline with their security. Maybe an implementation similar to the Android Swipe for a passcode.
    04-25-11 08:42 PM
    Just to clarify, I'm referring to app-specific lock not the whole device lock.
    It should ask for a pass code when trying to launch mail app.
    04-25-11 08:44 PM
    PB OS2 fixes this for those of us with corporate email and BES servers. Blackberry Balance allows administrators to install BBBalance and lock email away with a password from the rest of the device. Fantastic addition however it still gives us grief with non BES areas that we'd like to secure. For example, I would still like to secure my personal email from my kids playing Angry Birds on my Playbook. We still have a gap here in between corporate and personal.
    Ask:Please configure application level locking control on the personal side of Balance so I don't have to worry that my 4 year old is arbitrarily replying giberish on my personal email/calendar application.

Thx
    05-01-12 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD