Hi im looking for a simple stright forward step by step how to guide on how to run a emulator on my playbook (gbc) mostly for pokemon mario etc

Running OSv 2.0.1.358

I got my playbook today after using apple devices for the past 3 years so have no idea what i am doing and looking for

Sorry if this is a constant repost
    05-21-12 03:21 PM
    It really isn't that hard, all you need to do is right in the original thread
    05-21-12 03:46 PM
    Download the .bar file from the original thread onto your computer.

Make sure you're PB is in Development Mode and sideload the .bar file onto your PB using DDPB Installer. http://crackberry.com/tags/ddpb-installer

Download game ROMs of your choice and stick the ROM files in the correct folder.

Load up the emulator on the PB and start playing!
    05-21-12 04:05 PM
    thanks for the help got the emulator up and running now help with the roms would be a big help ideally links and a quick how to
    05-21-12 05:00 PM
    thanks for the help got the emulator up and running now help with the roms would be a big help ideally links and a quick how to
    Find ROMs

Copy Files to the PlayBook

Should help.
    05-21-12 05:04 PM
    LMGTFY really? havent seen that in years

the problem i am having is i have got GBColor-PB loaded on to my pb but when i go to add the files the folder for \misc\gbcolor-pb\roms is not found all i get is a error message
    the app is showing up on the playbook but not on my laptop when opening the misc folder only andriod shows up
    Last edited by chris941; 05-21-12 at 06:15 PM.
    05-21-12 05:38 PM
    just create a folder gbcolor-pb and then a sub folder named roms the rest will automatically be made although jtoruack did say he fixed that in his last update r u sure u allowed file access upon first boot
    KermEd likes this.
    05-21-12 06:36 PM
    LMGTFY really? havent seen that in years

the problem i am having is i have got GBColor-PB loaded on to my pb but when i go to add the files the folder for \misc\gbcolor-pb\roms is not found all i get is a error message
    the app is showing up on the playbook but not on my laptop when opening the misc folder only andriod shows up
    Original thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-721344/

Store the roms in: /misc/gbcolor-pb/roms

From a windows explorer location and assuming you are using DM to connect instead of wifi folder access would be something like \\pb\Media\misc\gbcolor-pb\roms --- you will likely need to create the folders if they don't exist.

Outside of that, sorry mate, I'll be just guessing in the dark without a detailed explanation of what you've tried and where your stuck.

Depending on how your browsing to your PB folders, start at the root and work your way in. It should be stored under your local PB account as either \misc (wifi) or \media\misc (usb cable)

This part I dont quite understand. The application itself only exists on your PB and in your sideloaded files on your desktop. But the application shouldn't be an issue, its just the folders. If the app exists on your PlayBook and the app has read/write access to the folders, then i just needs you to manually copy the rom files onto the PB.

There will be a bunch of folders including \android (\media\android), \documents (\media\documents) and the one we care about for the emu's \misc (\media\misc).

Tips:
    - Build folders that are missing.
    - Try using the latest bar from the Github at Justins forum thread above.
    - Check your security settings for applications on your playbook and make sure it has access to the files and folders.

Hope it helps.
    Ed.
    Last edited by KermEd; 05-21-12 at 08:29 PM.
    05-21-12 08:23 PM
    Cheers for the help chaps allotted now
    05-23-12 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD