Can anyone give me an easy way to make playlists with any app on the Playbook? I know I am not very bright, so make it detailed. I have about 3 gb of music that I want to start sorting.

thks in advance
    06-25-12 10:13 AM
    Since you're willing to consider any app, have you considered sideloading the winamp app from goodereader.com? It allows for the creation of playlists from your stored music.
    06-25-12 02:00 PM
    Soooo, while I have read about sideloading, it seems there a few things that can go very badly wrong. Is this true or is it fairly simple? Remember, I admit to not being very bright.
    06-25-12 02:25 PM
    Badly wrong, no, not in my experience. Some sideloaded apps won't run or might freeze the PB, but the ones on goodereader.com are fairly well vetted. I sideload from the PC to the PB over wifi and using Google Chrome - instructions here:
    PlayBook App Manager

There's a discussion of it here too: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...anager-721904/

This tool also let's you uninstall sideloaded apps you no longer want. So, its a bit of work, I agree, just to get winamp going, but I love sideloading as I now have access to a variety of apps like Kindle that I use all the time. It would be great if the os update addressed the limitations of the native music player, but until then I see sideloading as a valid solution.
    06-25-12 03:04 PM
    Since you're willing to consider any app, have you considered sideloading the winamp app from goodereader.com? It allows for the creation of playlists from your stored music.
    I just QUICKLY looked over winamp and while I could "create" a new playlist (that is give it a name), I could not figure out how to populate it.
    06-25-12 04:40 PM
    OKAY, so you've created a playlist. Now, select a song to play. Once the song starts, swipe down from the top and you are given the option to Add to Playlist. When you press that button, you see the name of the playlist(s) you've created.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-25-12 05:04 PM
    OKAY, so you've created a playlist. Now, select a song to play. Once the song starts, swipe down from the top and you are given the option to Add to Playlist. When you press that button, you see the name of the playlist(s) you've created.
    Aha. Now, do you know where the created playlist is stored? I just went looking for it both in Music and in the Android folder but did not see it. I could have missed it (them) or they may be stored in some hidden Winamp folder???

edited to add: So you have to start playing the track to add it. You cannot just point at a file and add it?
    Last edited by F2; 06-25-12 at 08:22 PM.
    06-25-12 07:54 PM
    Now, do you know where the created playlist is stored?
    There is a winamp folder under misc/android/Download, but I cannot get it to open.

To play the playlist just start winamp, select the playlists button, select and hold the desired playlist and select play. In the bottom right corner of the app is the winamp symbol (the lightning bolt). Pressing it gets you back to the main screen.

Edit: You can add to a playlist by pressing and holding on a song that is not playing.
    Last edited by Cancross; 06-25-12 at 08:29 PM.
    06-25-12 08:26 PM
    I don't have that folder at all. I wonder if I have a different version of winamp.

Back to the orginal question, one could also create playlists (pl) manually since they are merely text files that reference the mp3 files. The format is available on the web.
    06-25-12 11:42 PM
    Sorry, it's not a folder, its the playlist itself. It's called winamp.direct.pls

If you created a playlist, you'd likely see that file in the android/Download section.
    06-26-12 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD