I'm more and more starting to feel like the PlayBook launch is going to be comparable to the launch of a seemingly completely unrelated product that I was just as excited about as the PlayBook: Gran Turismo 5 on the PS3.

This game had been hyped into oblivion before it's release and when it came out it got pretty luke warm reviews compared to what everyone was expecting. Yet, Polyphony Digital just kept going enthusiastically and did an excellent job cranking out updates that fixed pretty much all issues the game originally had and also added a lot of features that weren't in the game when it first came out. Yet, the lukewarm reviews of course stay.

Regardless of all that, GT5 is by now the best selling PS3 title of all time. Despite the so-so reviews. If RIM can find themselves not be disturbed by all the FUD flying around and keep improving the device it can be pretty successful if you ask me. Even in the most 'negative' reviews I can see that the device has tremendous promise.

Let's see if RIM can do the same thing Polyphony Digital has been doing and continue to improve the PlayBook to make it rock like Gran Turismo 5.

Sorry for the ramble but I couldn't help seeing some parallels here. Hope it's gonna turn out for RIM like it did for PD.
    Nikeem24 likes this.
    04-15-11 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD