Where is the kindle APP for playbook? Is amazon going to release one or is useless the cloud thing there update they have been talking about. Its unbelievable that a multi billion dollar company does not have the resource to create an app for the playbook after an year they said they are going to haveit. Shame on amazon in this front. Too bad kobo sucks when compared to kindle in ios or android.
    They have said (to me, in telephone conversation) that there will be an actual app, not just the Cloud reader. Obviously, they're not about to tell me why the long delay.
    09-01-11 07:27 AM
    I wonder if the subscription aspects really could be the holdup - how much rim gets from the sale of books and users' data. I heard that the Financial Times has pulled its Apple app over similar issues:

Financial Times app pulled from iOS after compliance dispute | ZDNet

Financial Times pulls its apps from Apple store | Reuters
    clarity1981 likes this.
    09-01-11 08:54 AM
    With Amazon releasing their own 7 inch tablet i doubt they would devote time to the PB.

Not to mention with the Android Player it makes sense they just re package it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 04:47 PM
    With Amazon releasing their own 7 inch tablet i doubt they would devote time to the PB.

Not to mention with the Android Player it makes sense they just re package it.

ummm...they've had a KINDLE device forever now, but they've 'devoted' time to releasing apps anyway...their tablet device will NOT single handedly alienate any other device's app development. In fact, they will LOSE money on the tablet devices they sell (just like with the Kindles), so developing apps is a means to continue a revenue stream that is NOT a loss-leader.
    09-02-11 03:40 PM
    They have said (to me, in telephone conversation) that there will be an actual app, not just the Cloud reader. Obviously, they're not about to tell me why the long delay.
    Thank you. Is there a phone number I can call.
    09-02-11 04:12 PM
    Thank you. Is there a phone number I can call.
    I just called the Kindle Support line.
    09-02-11 06:07 PM
    I doubt that is the intention. Indeed, Amazon just wants you to buy more books, music, etc. Their tablet is being created for the very purpose of selling more media to you (this is why at least the 7" version may be sold at a loss).

Having Kindle software available for as many devices as possible can only help their bottom line. Of course, the development is very likely prioritized based on popularity and $$$$ (Im sure HP tossed quite a bit of money at Amazon for their Kindle app).
    09-03-11 12:28 AM
    09-06-11 06:28 PM
    Nope. That's the BB smartphone app, which I have on my 9780. It's not for the PB.

It's annoying to me that the BB app, unlike the iOS and Android app, doesn't support highlighting or annotation--despite the BB's handy keyboard.

09-06-11 06:33 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD