hi problems with accesing uk app in app world can you help me i cant get iplayer or sky app when i visit from my playbook

also i can not use a browser to install on my pc soory your using a incompatle os please help me please
    01-11-12 02:56 PM
    Are you using OS 2.0 beta ?

Is there even a BBC Iplayer or Sky app for the Playbook ?
    01-11-12 02:59 PM
    Are you using OS 2.0 beta ?

Is there even a BBC Iplayer or Sky app for the Playbook ?

yes in fact there is im using the latest release not 2.0 that beta isnt it

anyway please help me install them
    Last edited by funkydee; 01-11-12 at 03:09 PM.
    01-11-12 03:05 PM
    Maybe you have to go to the BBC or Sky website to install them ?

Maybe.
    01-11-12 03:13 PM
    no there is no app for that. just go to the bbc i player web site, and it works. magic.
    dont know about sky.
    01-11-12 03:14 PM
    no there is no app for that. just go to the bbc i player web site, and it works. magic.
    dont know about sky.
    yes fair enough buy im need to know why apps are showing on a pc but not on a playbook

this is all the apps they show on a pc but not on a playbook why im in the uk but its not letting me see any app that i should be able to install what the is rim doing
    01-11-12 03:16 PM
    Could you clearly explain your current location and where are you from? Apps are like websites, accessing contents requires ip origin.
    01-11-12 03:19 PM
    yes fair enough buy im need to know why apps are showing on a pc but not on a playbook

this is all the apps they show on a pc but not on a playbook why im in the uk but its not letting me see any app that i should be able to install what the is rim doing
    Maybe your Playbook is not a UK one, did you buy it down Tottenham Court Road ?
    01-11-12 03:22 PM
    are you looking at Blackberry apps rather than playbook apps?

As mentioned there is no iplayer app, it works through the browser.
    01-11-12 03:24 PM
    Maybe your Playbook is not a UK one, did you buy it down Tottenham Court Road ?
    are you sure its not a uk how do i find out i need to know

because if this is the case i will be returning it asap

how do i find out if it is a uk or us version
    01-11-12 03:25 PM
    are you looking at Blackberry apps rather than playbook apps?

As mentioned there is no iplayer app, it works through the browser.

ok you might have the answer maybe i am looking at blackberry apps not playbook do they not work on all devices if not thanks a lot rim for nothing im selling the playbook tomorow

nyway where the apps for playbook only
    01-11-12 03:30 PM
    It isn't RIM's fault if you don't know what you are doing.

PC programs install on a PC, Playbook apps install on a Playbook.

No offense, but perhaps you should get someone you know to help you with the difference.
    cogsinister, vgwillm and wellard like this.
    01-11-12 03:34 PM
    The apps that are playbook only, are the ones you see when you access the App World from your Playbook.

Sometimes I find the Appworld's search is a little finicky, so I open my browser in the Playbook, search for the App in Google, and then, if you follow the online Appworld links, they directly open up the App download page in your Playbook Appworld.
    01-11-12 03:37 PM
    sky wont work on the playbook as it uses silverlight. though they are making an android app, so there is a glimmer of hope there.
    01-11-12 03:39 PM
    It isn't RIM's fault if you don't know what you are doing.

PC programs install on a PC, Playbook apps install on a Playbook.

No offense, but perhaps you should get someone you know to help you with the difference.

quarky no ofeensive dont be a pilark read my post carefully you complety aswered the question wrong
    Last edited by funkydee; 01-11-12 at 03:44 PM.
    01-11-12 03:41 PM
    sky wont work on the playbook as it uses silverlight. though they are making an android app, so there is a glimmer of hope there.
    erm sky is working on playbook it doesnt need silverlight where did you get that from

the playbook runs sky without silverlight theres a sky app already there
    01-11-12 03:42 PM
    quarky no ofeensive dont be a pilark
    I think you mean "Pillock"
    Barljo likes this.
    01-11-12 03:44 PM
    The apps that are playbook only, are the ones you see when you access the App World from your Playbook.

Sometimes I find the Appworld's search is a little finicky, so I open my browser in the Playbook, search for the App in Google, and then, if you follow the online Appworld links, they directly open up the App download page in your Playbook Appworld.

best answer solved thanks glowing blue
    01-11-12 03:45 PM
    I think you mean "Pillock"

yes your right
    01-11-12 03:46 PM
    quarky no ofeensive dont be a pilark read my post carefully you complety aswered the question wrong
    A prime example of why people don't know what you are on about.
    01-11-12 04:08 PM
    My BBC i player and BBC news "apps" (shortcuts in reality) appeared after an os upgrade some months ago. The iplayer works a treat with no problems that affect my enjoyment. As a virginmedia customer, I couldn't give a fig about anything to do with Sky, so no loss there.
    01-11-12 04:20 PM
    Sky+ functionality is available via the browser if required too.
    01-11-12 04:26 PM
    erm sky is working on playbook it doesnt need silverlight where did you get that from

the playbook runs sky without silverlight theres a sky app already there
    sorry but a said sky uses silverlight to run its sky go service on all form ios and windows the playbook at present does not support silverlight and there does not support sky go. Sky are presently not developing an app for the playbook or any blackberry product.

sky do however expect to release an android app for sky go so there may be a possibility that this will work although not guranteed

alternatively we can hope that silverlight is dropped (not beyond the realms if possibility)

believe me as a sky customer myself i am happy to be proven wrong, or if someone has discovered a workaround great

a simple google search for 'sky blackberry' will validate my comments
    01-11-12 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD