No ****, Genius! Go back and read what I said before "I jumped too soon, Ignored the reviews but made the sane decision to return it".

And therein is the problem - you purchased the device in hopes that it will conform to your lifestyle knowing full well what it offered when it was released.

You purchased the device for what you hoped it would be - not for what it was.
    05-25-11 11:22 AM
    No ****, Genius! Go back and read what I said before "I jumped too soon, Ignored the reviews but made the sane decision to return it".
    Notice I was commenting on a post - not a string of tripe filled yammerings. Not my job to filter out the garbage although I will admit its difficult given the complexity of your thought process. So you admit to coming to a forum about PB's - just to ***** about PB's?
    05-25-11 11:33 AM
    You are a clever one, If you would read you would see why I returned my PB, it's bc of the (lack) of future app development. I don't see any decent native apps arriving until 2012. Flash, AIR, Java/Android players are proving themselves to be worthless. Do a little research on the Android App Player and you'll see for yourself (actually you probably wont as you appear blinkered). I will admit that I will express my opinion (since 2008 btw, newb), whether you like it or not, at least mine is based on fact rather than the insults your opinions are based on.

Here, I'll help you out.

5 Questions About Android on Blackberry's PlayBook Tablet | PCWorld

Answers to your questions about the application players for BlackBerry Java-based and Android apps | Inside BlackBerry Developer’s Blog

"Does the Android application player support Android apps that use native libraries?"
    The application player will not support any Android applications that use native libraries. (oooh, thats not good! If it was built with the android NDK 99% chance it uses native libraries)

What version(s) of the Android apps does the Android application player support?
    The application player for Android apps will support Android 2.3 apps at launch and we intend to update the player based on market needs. (No 3.0 honeycomb tablet apps? Whats the point then?)

With the PlayBook NDK not being released until the Fall, add development and approval time, I figure 2012 until good native apps start to appear. So in 2012 I will revisit the PlayBook and hopefully it will be up to par. These might be "tripe filled yammerings" to you but to some potential buyers it might save them a costly mistake.

Notice I was commenting on a post - not a string of tripe filled yammerings. Not my job to filter out the garbage although I will admit its difficult given the complexity of your thought process. So you admit to coming to a forum about PB's - just to ***** about PB's?
    Last edited by xandermac; 05-25-11 at 11:53 AM.
    05-25-11 11:40 AM

The first iPhone might have had a few software glitches when it first hit the market, but it was a fully functional product out of the box. Including auto correct and (of course) WebKit browser. Apple releases features after they are perfect. Not to just have it listed as a line item. Apple also had a commitment to keeping prices down as hardware was getting constantly improved. They have long term plans. Based on sales and demand, consumers don't seem to mind.
    Fully functional? When the other "mechanical" devices had mms, sms, cut & paste, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-11 12:08 PM
    Do a little research on the Android App Player and you'll see for yourself (actually you probably wont as you appear blinkered).
    Dont care about the android app player - you know why? I bought the PB for what it is - not what it could be or not what I want it to be.

I will admit that I will express my opinion (since 2008 btw, newb), whether you like it or not, at least mine is based on fact rather than the insults your opinions are based on.
    ROFL! Did you just call me a newb? 2007 called - it wants its insult back. Yes yes -you base your opinion on fact and I base mine on insults. That makes oodles of sense.
    05-25-11 12:20 PM
    Well, we can all see the quality of your posts. Diehard fans do nothing to advance a brand. Your comments on AutoCADD [sic] and Skype tell me everything I need to know. Stay mediocre if thats what suits you and in the mean time i'll use the "professional" apps on a competing platform. Good luck.

Dont care about the android app player - you know why? I bought the PB for what it is - not what it could be or not what I want it to be.

ROFL! Did you just call me a newb? 2007 called - it wants its insult back. Yes yes -you base your opinion on fact and I base mine on insults. That makes oodles of sense.
    Last edited by xandermac; 05-25-11 at 12:45 PM.
    05-25-11 12:30 PM
    Well, we can all see the quality of your posts. Diehard fans do nothing to advance a brand. Your comments on AutoCADD [sic] and Skype tell me everything I need to know. Stay mediocre if thats what suits you and in the mean time i'll use the "professional" apps on a competing platform. Good luck.
    Hypocrite much? The quality of your posts are doo-doo. I find it hilarious that you did a post history query on me and that is what you came up with.

I am the furthest thing from a die hard fan of anything. I use what works for me and take things for what they are. Most of the people who are whining on these forums complain that they cant tweet from their tablet or that it doesnt have native email or it doesnt have a truck load of apps (all of which were completely known as of launch).

I dont want to facebook or tweet from my tablet - I could care less that native email doesnt exist at this point. I want a solid OS that works seamlessly with my BB phone to complete projects and that pesky little thing called work. For that - it works perfectly for me. Stay mediocre? LOL! Right because my quality of work is dictated by my tablet.
    05-25-11 12:59 PM
    You're proving my point, Its all about YOU!. You don't care that having professional apps would advance the platform as a whole, all you see are your needs. "AutoCADD[sic], who cares, who would use that on a 7" screen", thats your attitude and frankly its closed minded. A lot of professionals would make great use of AutoCad Ws if it were available, same for other professional apps (and the fun apps for that matter, twitter is important whether you see it or not). Just because you wouldn't make use of them doesn't make them useless. Without demand for the apps the platform won't advance, and if the platform doesn't advance the apps won't appear. Dismissing other ideas isn't productive but that's all you do because the PlayBook meets your current needs. So RIM should stop development immediately because mjs416 is satisfied and all is right with the world.

I wonder though how satisified you would be if you dropped your phone in the toilet, or wherever, or when the next BB outage occurs? Bridge wouldn't be much help at that point. Maybe, just maybe there is a reason for Native email?

Hypocrite much? The quality of your posts are doo-doo. I find it hilarious that you did a post history query on me and that is what you came up with.

I am the furthest thing from a die hard fan of anything. I use what works for me and take things for what they are. Most of the people who are whining on these forums complain that they cant tweet from their tablet or that it doesnt have native email or it doesnt have a truck load of apps (all of which were completely known as of launch).

I dont want to facebook or tweet from my tablet - I could care less that native email doesnt exist at this point. I want a solid OS that works seamlessly with my BB phone to complete projects and that pesky little thing called work. For that - it works perfectly for me. Stay mediocre? LOL! Right because my quality of work is dictated by my tablet.
    Last edited by xandermac; 05-25-11 at 01:32 PM.
    05-25-11 01:07 PM
    Maybe people will start taking you seriously when you stop insulting people.
    Have you ever considered taking your own advice?

Right now I see you as some emo spoiled little kid who wants to facebook and tweet from their tablet (neither of which is relevant to the business / enterprise aspect of RIM).
    Well there you go. You have figured me out. Damn.

You want to facebook and tweet from your tablet - go buy an ipad. No one cares. Actually - you'd be better suited for the ipad community from what I glean.
    No one cares... except you as you have taken the time to post. I find that interesting.
    05-25-11 02:04 PM
    The difference is the the iPhone and iPad were fully functional and had thousands of apps available from Day One. Trying to justify RIM's rushed-to-market answer to the iPad is RIM's job. Not yours.
    Well the original iPhone didn't have any apps, other than the ones built into the phone, and certainly no app store, that phenomena occurred roughly 9 months after introduction. The iPad had thousands of apps available day 1 because it would pixel double apps written for the iPhone and iPod Touch, which is easy since it is just a big iPod touch. The pixel doubling quality wasn't astounding. More Native iPad apps came out shortly after.

You are confusing features with functions.
    So what "functions" is the Playbook missing then?
    05-25-11 02:24 PM
    You're proving my point, Its all about YOU!. You don't care that having professional apps would advance the platform as a whole, all you see are your needs. "AutoCADD[sic], who cares, who would use that on a 7" screen", thats your attitude and frankly its closed minded.
    Its not about me., me, me. Know why? Because Im not the one complaining that "I" want a certain app or that the company isnt doing what "I" want. It is what it is. I accept that. I use it for what it is - not what I want it to be. And why do you keep saying Auto CADD is spelled incorrectly? Its computer aided design and drafting. I spelled an acronym incorrectly? And if you are being the grammar police - you need to look at your won posts.

A lot of professionals would make great use of AutoCad Ws if it were available, same for other professional apps (and the fun apps for that matter, twitter is important whether you see it or not).
    Yes they would. But its not. Move on with life. And the lack value of twitter is my opinion and the value of it is your opinion.

Just because you wouldn't make use of them doesn't make them useless. Without demand for the apps the platform won't advance, and if the platform doesn't advance the apps won't appear. Dismissing other ideas isn't productive but that's all you do because the PlayBook meets your current needs. So RIM should stop development immediately because mjs416 is satisfied and all is right with the world.
    Where did I ever say I think RIM should halt app development because the device meets my current needs? Please post where I said that - oh wait you cant... because I didnt. I just dont see the need to come to a forum and whine about it because you weeping on an internet forum will have zero impact on it. I am happy with the device because it does what it says it does. I have had it since launch and experience minimal problems.

I wonder though how satisified you would be if you dropped your phone in the toilet, or wherever, or when the next BB outage occurs? Bridge wouldn't be much help at that point. Maybe, just maybe there is a reason for Native email?
    Of course there is - and native is coming by this summer. But what good does it do to sit here complaining on an internet forum. Really. You say I am not contributing to the success of a platform by being stagnant yet you are by complaining about things (especially things that have already been identified and scheduled to be fixed)?

In the end - I see the majority of the complaints on this forum (ones which dont involve actual problems with the device) as being about what they think the device should be - not what it is.
    05-25-11 02:30 PM
    And why do you keep saying Auto CADD is spelled incorrectly? Its computer aided design and drafting. I spelled an acronym incorrectly?
    Yes. AutoCAD is the brand name of a product developed by Autodesk.
    05-25-11 02:33 PM
    Yes. AutoCAD is the brand name of a product developed by Autodesk.
    Oh I forgot Autodesk is the only software company that develops CADD software.
    05-25-11 02:39 PM
    Huh? Who said anything about them being the only company that develops CADD software? Are you feeling ok?
    05-25-11 02:42 PM
    Huh? Who said anything about them being the only company that develops CADD software? Are you feeling ok?
    Pay no attention to that whooooshing sound above your head.
    05-25-11 02:44 PM
    or when the next BB outage occurs? Bridge wouldn't be much help at that point. Maybe, just maybe there is a reason for Native email?
    Umm... correct me if I'm wrong, but fi its native email it would be routed through RIM servers and it still wouldn't work if RIM is down.

Are you perhaps confusing the need for native email to a better email managment system like on a BB???

All my emails are routed into my BB and I have one file folder which I use and like that I can view all my messages rather then go to different email files.
    05-25-11 02:51 PM
    Autodesk are the only company that make AutoCAD. Maybe a little research before you throw around the insults.

Pay no attention to that whooooshing sound above your head.
    05-25-11 02:55 PM
    Umm... correct me if I'm wrong, but fi its native email it would be routed through RIM servers and it still wouldn't work if RIM is down.

Are you perhaps confusing the need for native email to a better email managment system like on a BB???

All my emails are routed into my BB and I have one file folder which I use and like that I can view all my messages rather then go to different email files.
    native email would not be using the BIS, it would not depend on RIM servers to operate. atleast not on the wifi tab. 3g/4g/lte is a different story
    05-25-11 02:55 PM
    The quality apps will come as developers see more Playbooks getting sold. Why put the time and energy in a product that will sell x amount of copies when you can put the effort in developing for the apple or android markets and sell x+ copies.

Just a supply and demand thing...
    05-25-11 02:56 PM
    I think you'd be surprised what it can do now & how many people use it collabroratively.

Oh, and a side note about AutoCad WS...

Before becoming a software developer, I spent several years as a draftsperson for a structural engineering consultant. (I went to school for Civil Engineering Technology).

I really doubt any professionals would actually use AutoCAD WS.

I tried AutoCad WS when it first came out. It's fun to play around with, but it's not a useful app at all. It's slow, awkward to use, you can't make any revisions, and you have to upload the DWG files to the internet in order to view them! (This is not only a security risk which most companies would never allow, but it makes it useless in the field unless you have an expensive 3G iPad.)

Real professionals use laptops in the field. Tablets are great gadgets for surfing the web, listening to music, and doing simple tasks, but don't go on talking about AutoCad WS like it's a super useful app and is somehow revolutionizing the way people do work.
    05-25-11 03:00 PM
    native email would not be using the BIS, it would not depend on RIM servers to operate. atleast not on the wifi tab. 3g/4g/lte is a different story
    Do we know if the native email client wont be running the email through their BIS? I assumed when they did release the native email it would function similarly to the BB email. Thought I saw an interview with a RIM techie saying they would be emulating a RIM OS to get the native email to work so that its not actually executing on the PB OS.
    05-25-11 03:01 PM
    Autodesk are the only company that make AutoCAD. Maybe a little research before you throw around the insults.

Not to burst your bubble but in the early 90's, CADD was synonymous with AutoCADD. In fact I had no idea Autodesk produced an AutoCAD package as I was referring to the software from my childhood days when I used it in shop class.
    05-25-11 03:04 PM
    I don't know. I would assume it would be stand alone otherwise wouldn't it require a BIS subscription for all users, even those without a blackberry? I can't see RIM doing that.

05-25-11 03:06 PM
    There is a web plugin but its fairly limited & requires an always on connection. The native apps can either download from your webserver or open as an email attachment if you don't want to store it in the cloud then you can work on it offline & sync your changes back later. It really is a handy thing to have in the field.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it has improved, and I'm sure lots of people use it, but the fact that you have to upload the dwgs to the internet makes it pretty useless in a professional setting. My company never would have allowed us to upload proprietary drawing files to the internet.

Also, AutoCAD WS is a web app, so it probably works on the PB anyways (I'll try it out later when I get home)
    05-25-11 03:13 PM
    I don't know. I would assume it would be stand alone otherwise wouldn't it require a BIS subscription for all users, even those without a blackberry? I can't see RIM doing that.
    actually given the way RIM works, it wouldn't surprise me to see them doing that. It is a BlackBerry tablet after all.
    05-25-11 03:15 PM
190 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD