Starting up games like NOVA2 or Modern Combat, the audio for the gameloft logo and the cinematics is great. Once in the menus the audio goes from clear to choppy. Sound like static has been overland as well. Anyone else have this problem? this only seems to occur with Gameloft games.
    thanks

Dave
    11-26-11 01:48 AM
    Sorry mine works with no problem. Can you reload the files? Use DM or try directly from PB.
    11-26-11 02:42 AM
    Same here. Seems to be related to the newest 2.0beta update
    11-26-11 03:09 AM
    It is an issue with ndk and os 2
    11-26-11 05:24 AM
    ahh, i was thinking that could be the issue. Im on the 2.0 right now so it makes sense. hopefully that will get fixed up soon, playing NOVA without some good sound is a shame, but it'll have to do for now.

Thank you,
    Dave
    11-26-11 10:15 AM
    NOVA 2 sound is good. I did have a color shift experience with it yesterday though. Started up fine, but once game time came it became like a smudge of colors replacing the actual colors. A close and reopen didn't solve it, a restart of the PB did though. I am on the latest (official OS)
    11-26-11 10:29 AM
    starfront also has sound issues only after latest beta update to 2.0.0.4869. i just turn it off since I'm typically blasting winamp shoutcast in the background anyways. I love killin da noobz!
    11-26-11 05:20 PM
    i posted about this on the first day thenew update was up a few times on a few different forums. it doesnt work on os 2.0. hopefully this will be the last person i tell until beta is done!
    11-26-11 05:58 PM
    I'm actually thinking of dropping down to 1.8 until this issue is addressed. I can't play any of those games due to the sound. UNO is also messed up.
    11-26-11 07:11 PM
    Here is a temporary solution I've found for the issues those of us with 2.0.0.4869 are having with Gameloft games. Put a blank mp3 sound file on the Playbook and run it in a 1 song loop before starting your game and run it in the background (I have included a file in this post for those who do not know how to make one). Voila! Perfect sound.
    12-05-11 10:09 AM
    Here is a temporary solution I've found for the issues those of us with 2.0.0.4869 are having with Gameloft games. Put a blank mp3 sound file on the Playbook and run it in a 1 song loop before starting your game and run it in the background (I have included a file in this post for those who do not know how to make one). Voila! Perfect sound.
    thats very interesting... how did u come up with this? First post too?

Seems like we've got ourself a secret rim ninja lurking
    12-05-11 06:05 PM
    just tried it with modern combat and wow what a difference!!
    12-05-11 06:34 PM
    any tips to get deadspace to work in 2.0? bought it and haven't played it yet...dying too though!
    12-05-11 06:52 PM
    Thanks ignites! I just got this Playbook the week before Black Friday. Amazing piece of hardware. I'm an IT guy and I've made the rounds on many smartphones and tablets. The stuttering sound, especially because it just started with this update, are probably due to a change in how game sounds are processed. I figured if I could force the audio to encode something else, I'd get lucky with the game audio if played at the same time.
    12-06-11 08:40 AM
    The scenario probably went like this.
    - Gameloft did a workaround to fix an issue with the PB 1.x code
    - RIM fixed the issue in 2.0, which in turn broke the game
    - Now Gameloft has to fix their code to remove the workaround.
    - Since 2.0 isn't out yet the fix will likely break the sound in 1.8, so they have to wait.

Kind of a vicious circle.
    12-06-11 09:36 PM
    The scenario probably went like this.
    - Gameloft did a workaround to fix an issue with the PB 1.x code
    - RIM fixed the issue in 2.0, which in turn broke the game
    - Now Gameloft has to fix their code to remove the workaround.
    - Since 2.0 isn't out yet the fix will likely break the sound in 1.8, so they have to wait.

Kind of a vicious circle.
    That's a plausible explanation. However, depending on the nature of the workaround, they could easily put in a platform version check (so no need to wait).
    12-13-11 12:18 PM
    another workaround is to download the app silentnoise and run it in the background. its a noise maker that overrides the 5minute time out. you can also use this app in front over a pandora streaming page in the background. leave the app on and silent and you can play the games just fine. i've been doing so on 2.0. also, dead space has been updated to work on 2.0 since the update two nights ago

edit: some games like uno, you launch silentnoise, start the sound, launch uno until the spot where its choppy is confirmed to play correctly, then go stop the sound and leave it running in the backgroud. gameloft game should then play fine
    Last edited by snoozininsomniac; 12-13-11 at 02:00 PM.
    12-13-11 01:19 PM
    Hey people, just an FYI - i'm on the latest os 2.0.0.6149 and I can confirm for at least modern combat the sound issues have been resolved
    12-16-11 04:09 PM
    Running 1.0.8.6067 on my PB, and the sound in Uno does not work. No wonder no one is singing the praises of the praybook. Worth the dollar tho. Also crashes on the first run. Nice buggy app Gameloft.
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 12-17-11 at 04:57 PM.
    12-17-11 04:48 PM
    Hey people, just an FYI - i'm on the latest os 2.0.0.6149 and I can confirm for at least modern combat the sound issues have been resolved

1.08 had sound and frequent crashes
    2.0.4 had wax paper over comb fuzzy sound, few if any crashes
    2.06 has good sound but very frquent crash shut down episodes. Previously when changing weapons at armory or between matches.... now even when loading up multiplayer without choosing weapons
    12-18-11 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD