There's a free one

AIR BROWSER
    IIRC air browser will not launch the app for a file. Am i wrong?
    05-21-11 10:01 AM
    IIRC air browser will not launch the app for a file. Am i wrong?
    The Air Browser will not let you launch anything, but this one for $0.99 will. It will also give you access to files on the SD card in your BB. I only wish it would either remember that last place you were or give you the option to set where you want it to open. For now you have to tap few times to get to the different folders.

On a side note. I know many apps are pretty cheap but wouldn't it be nice if we could try an app out before buying?
    05-21-11 12:05 PM
    The Air Browser will not let you launch anything, but this one for $0.99 will. It will also give you access to files on the SD card in your BB. I only wish it would either remember that last place you were or give you the option to set where you want it to open. For now you have to tap few times to get to the different folders.

On a side note. I know many apps are pretty cheap but wouldn't it be nice if we could try an app out before buying?
    File Manager always starts at the root of the data files, so not much tapping is required. Overall this is a very goo app, worth $5. However, I agree, i do wish you could try before you buy. I was desperate for a file manager and so i took a chance. Turns out i'm happy, but id like to have this capability!
    05-21-11 12:09 PM
    i agree, here's to supporting the developer. i'd like the ability to do this some more. i purchased this app today.
    05-21-11 03:39 PM
    i agree, here's to supporting the developer. i'd like the ability to do this some more. i purchased this app today.
    the guy is good, and id like to see more of his apps!
    05-21-11 04:47 PM
    Hi,

I downloaded that File Manager application, however, I'm not able to see my files.

I was told that I will only be able to see my files if they are saved in the shared folder. When I connect my playbook to the computer, there is no "shared folder" as part of the folder structure of the playbook.

How can I see my files?

Thanks
    06-06-11 08:18 AM
    I know there is a setting somewhere in security that will allow the app to access your files. you probably need to set that. the app works, i, and others have been using it for many days.
    06-06-11 09:31 AM
    Not dig up this old thread, but those who are still looking for a file manager should check out "Stuff" file manager for playbook.

Blackprint Software › Stuff for BlackBerry PlayBook
    Buy Stuff - Download Stuff - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    02-19-12 02:06 PM
    I'm quite certain there will be a file manager built into OS2. You might wanna wait.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    02-19-12 02:11 PM
    Run Astro or ES File Manager from Android. Free, and work great. Can see, manage, and run any media files on your network. Far superior to anything on App World.
    02-19-12 02:22 PM
    I like ES File Manager more than Astro, but I find the free Air Browser to be just as good as ES File Manager. As BB-Bmore wrote, I also heard there will be a file manager in OS2. But Air Browser is a great app and not sure how RIM could improve on it (other than make it more colorful)
    02-19-12 02:42 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD