Seems interesting

With FileCommander you can do several functions such as Copy, move, rename, get details, delete file, create directory, launch filesftp client and text editor with more features planned.

PlayBook FileCommander App Coming to BlackBerry App World Soon. (Video)

I'm going to hold off with any file browser until one comes available with FTP support. I will be keeping my eye on this one.
    gonzo579 likes this.
    05-19-11 12:12 PM
    looks good.

dual paned.

now, with one other that launched at 4.99 and another about to go at 2.99-4.99 this is getting to be really expensive for users for aomething that should have been integrated naturally.

good for private business....but getting dificult on end user pockets.
    05-19-11 12:50 PM
    looks good.

dual paned.

now, with one other that launched at 4.99 and another about to go at 2.99-4.99 this is getting to be really expensive for users for aomething that should have been integrated naturally.

good for private business....but getting dificult on end user pockets.
    I bought the $5 this morning, and it works great and adds a lot of flexibility to my PB. Worth $5, even tho RIM should have included this.
    05-19-11 02:04 PM
    I just found File Commander is available in AppWorld. I've downloaded it. It is still rough around the edges and maybe in the middle, too. Some of the text/titles is overlaid by other icons or text.

The two side by side directory trees allow you to copy/move from left to right (possibly the other way). It does seem to launch some apps, like Adobe for pdfs.
    05-24-11 12:56 PM
    I bought the $5 this morning, and it works great and adds a lot of flexibility to my PB. Worth $5, even tho RIM should have included this.
    Can you add files to this easily? I bought the first one that came out for $0.99 (I think some people got if for free, or now it's free ) but I didn't like the layout or the use of it (maybe it's me). I found I couldn't add/create any sub folders although some users seemed to have been able to.

So is the one you bought easier to use?

I agree, RIM should have included that function upon launch or update.
    05-24-11 01:08 PM
    I just found File Commander is available in AppWorld. I've downloaded it. It is still rough around the edges and maybe in the middle, too. Some of the text/titles is overlaid by other icons or text.

The two side by side directory trees allow you to copy/move from left to right (possibly the other way). It does seem to launch some apps, like Adobe for pdfs.
    Thanks for the notice! Just got it, and played with it and it works pretty well. I note that will will not yet recognize photos, tho. It allows for longer file names than File Manager, which cuts off the file naem. I do like the two panel layout for moving stuff around, reminds me of the ancient DOS Norton Commander! (Anyone here remember that old horse?)
    05-24-11 01:21 PM
    Can you add files to this easily? I bought the first one that came out for $0.99 (I think some people got if for free, or now it's free ) but I didn't like the layout or the use of it (maybe it's me). I found I couldn't add/create any sub folders although some users seemed to have been able to.

So is the one you bought easier to use?

I agree, RIM should have included that function upon launch or update.
    I'm pretty sure File Manager will allow you to add new folders. After using it for several days i like it except the file names of long files get cut off. It does launch doc, pdf, excel, jpeg and some video files. mp4 files get sent to the music player, which, i'm told by the developer, is an Air bug.
    Snick Snack likes this.
    05-24-11 01:23 PM
    Oh, File Commander does allow you to create New folders.

And it is FREE, so far.
    Snick Snack likes this.
    05-24-11 01:32 PM
    Oh, File Commander does allow you to create New folders.

And it is FREE, so far.
    yes and yes! Only bug I've found is that it wont open photos. BTW the email address given under 'support' for FC does not work, but if you go the the webiste you can find an email address to send bug reports.
    05-24-11 01:40 PM
    I just tried Filecommander but when the file list is longer than 1 screen I can't get it to scroll.
    05-24-11 02:12 PM
    You are right, just tried it on a music folder. also it does not always sort correctly.
    05-24-11 02:56 PM
    anybody know when the FTP support is coming? from the way the playbookdaily article is written it sounds like its already there, but it ent

an FTP client and an HTML editor are really my 2 main wants for now
    05-24-11 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD