For some reason, AT&T won't authenticate my email accounts several times a day. It's temporary, but the PlayBook email app marks the accounts invalid when it happens and I can't send or receive until I reset them.

Is there a way to turn off this feature? If not, is there a way to increase the "server timeout" on the accounts? I know there are 3rd party apps but I thought I would try to make this one work.
    10-02-13 08:40 AM
    I'm thankful it does this - it's to prevent servers from locking accounts. When I had an iPhone, if I changed my Exchange password but forgot to update my iPhone's credentials, it would hit the server non-stop and eventually the Exchange server would lock me out requiring yet another password reset.

The PlayBook is at least smart enough to say "something's not right here" and stop. As for disabling it, I don't believe this is an option. Nor is these an option for a time-out.
    10-02-13 01:18 PM
    Hi...
    (Is not "AT&T", I'm with "Fido" in Canada)
    For several months I had the same problem on both (my wife's and mine tablets)!
    Somehow, I managed to overcome this problem out of frustration!
    When happen again, close the message (click on the "x") and refresh (swipe down left upper side of e-mail screen)!
    After "a" few "exercises" the problem vanished! (Don't ask me the logic , I'm not in software business!)
    Cheers and Good Luck, let us know if it worked!
    m.-
    Last edited by VolvoBear_ry; 10-02-13 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Clarification
    10-02-13 06:47 PM