Hi, I have a problem with the charger of my playbook for the past moth or so. I have been using my cellphones bit is a lower voltage( hope the term is right). I been looking on amazon for one but don't the folding blade style because I know the risks that come with it. I saw this one http://www.bing.com/shopping/blackbe...ABLE&FORM=HURE but wanted to makes its not dangerous for my playbook. the rapid charger won't help because I have the keyboard and charges trough usb only.

quick note: that charger is cheapeper on amazon and includes cable I chose the bing results page because it has more info about the charger and really somebody with knowledge to help, i ve read of some probles using the wrong charger migth cause.

Any help would be appreciated, and Thank you in andvance!
    12-01-12 01:50 PM
    The phone charger will not properly charge the Playbook. The Playbook requires a much higher charge current for its battery type.

With the Blackberry phones and the tablet the clone chargers are not recommended. If the charger is not properly matched to the device it can cause damage.

Connect the original charger to the tablet to charge it. If it does not charge up, do a re-set on it. If it still does not charge, then the tablet will have to be sent for service.

Jerry G.
    osbook likes this.
    12-01-12 02:26 PM
    thanks man. well I think I f d up my charger by accident so I think ill just get the original one. Thanks
    12-01-12 02:44 PM
    I been looking on amazon for one but don't the folding blade style because I know the risks that come with it.
    What risks are you talking about? I use this type of charger which came with the playbook.
    12-01-12 03:20 PM
    actuallymaybe I confused you, the risks I talk about its not a problem with the pb charger just that most folding blade style chargers will usually f up over time, I don't remember well but I saw it on a youtube video tip very long time ago when I had a similar situation just different products. sorry for my language don't know the rigth term to describe it.
    12-01-12 03:52 PM
    You can pick up the magnetic rapid charger really cheap these days, around $10 to $15 by shopping around.

The keyboard only needs charging once or twice a month if you leave it on, can charge that using micro usb from computer or any phone charger as it doesn't need much power.
    osbook likes this.
    12-01-12 03:59 PM
    You need a 5v 2A micro usb adapter. You can find these quite freely. Just ordered on from ebay as one for work for �6 delivered
    osbook likes this.
    12-01-12 04:42 PM
    Thanks to you all, I really apreciate the help I kind of like the magnetic charger, gonna look it up see if I can find it here on cb, also see if I can find any other cheap as back up because I don't want to be caugth off guard again xD
    12-01-12 04:49 PM
    Just do a search for playbook travel charger, it is the magnetic type and also charges faster than the folding blade type. I think I have seen them as low as $29.99
    osbook likes this.
    12-02-12 10:27 AM