I think everyone should email the dev and hopefully we can get him to make J4T
    for the playbook.
    02-27-12 03:37 PM
    This is very encouraging - us musicians are starved on the PlayBook!
    02-27-12 07:52 PM
    We are the makers of iSequenceNLoop which is basically a multi track recording app on Playbook. In addition to just recording it supports loads of functionality like importing AIFF, OGG, MP3, WAV on to the track, undo's and redo's, saving and opening of compositions, export the composition as a WAV, tools like latency adjuster etc. We are ready with loads of other functionality added and we will be updating our app in a day or two.
    You can get the app at

Buy iSequenceNloop - Download iSequenceNloop - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Also we are going to post another interesting app which is one of its kinds in the music industry. Unfortunately I will not be able to give out full details about this but stay tuned.

And yes your feedback is more than welcome
    02-27-12 09:48 PM
    We are the makers of iSequenceNLoop which is basically a multi track recording app on Playbook. In addition to just recording it supports loads of functionality like importing AIFF, OGG, MP3, WAV on to the track, undo's and redo's, saving and opening of compositions, export the composition as a WAV, tools like latency adjuster etc. We are ready with loads of other functionality added and we will be updating our app in a day or two.
    You can get the app at

Buy iSequenceNloop - Download iSequenceNloop - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Also we are going to post another interesting app which is one of its kinds in the music industry. Unfortunately I will not be able to give out full details about this but stay tuned.

And yes your feedback is more than welcome
    Great to hear from you! I am the OP and found and mentioned your app in this thread.
    Have not purchased yet but am going to. Now that you are here any chance FX will be added? My other question would be about the sync issue. Any word on that?

Any other details you can provide? Looking forward to trying this, seems it could be great for remixing loops etc.

I would love to see a program like this but also the program would have a few virtual instruments to sequence with. That said, You win so far in what appears to be a useful music app on the playbook. Guess I'll report back after I play with it for a bit.

Nice to see you also started a thread on it!

Regards
    Paul
    02-27-12 10:53 PM
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for spreading word about our app

We have introduced a new tool which is called the latency tool and if you have the application, you should be getting this with the latest update( might take 2 to 3 days for the update ). The very nature of PB platform does not allow working in low latency kind of environments. And hence we have provided a tool using which you can manually adjust the latency or the lag of for a particular clip. Also in the latest update we have fixed the problem with WAV, AIFF and ogg imports.

About the effects, we are working seriously on it. We will let you know once we have an update on that.
    Last edited by iSparkSystems; 02-28-12 at 09:53 PM.
    Nostoi likes this.
    02-28-12 09:41 PM
    Hello, just an update to bring some hope to the Playbook musicians out there:

I've got the major hurdles out of the way to get CAUSTIC 2 running on PlayBook as a native app. Here's the proof:

No idea of the release date yet, but I'm hoping things will go quickly from now. If you've never heard of Caustic, check out the other videos on my channel. It's a sequencer app aimed mostly at electronic music, but with the right samples it can do almost any style.
    Dr.Deebs, manytone, Denus and 1 others like this.
    03-09-12 05:35 PM
    Rej !!!!
    That is sweet! I can't wait..... especially since I'm the OP and the one who got on you about this!
    Awesome, I can't wait. BTW I can sideload and test the app for you ;-)
    Soon I hope.... Playbook needs this!
    03-09-12 06:24 PM
    Hi Paul, I still have your email so I'll send you a test version once the basics are working (still bugs with getting to the files so its hard to load samples)

It's running even better than on Android so far and it's the first time I get to play with my keyboards in real time. It's almost a shame the app is mostly a sequencer.

I really like the Playbook and its OS so far, and the dev tools are about as easy (or hard) as Android. Let's hope there's a good market because I can see myself making more apps for it.
    manytone and Dr.Deebs like this.
    03-09-12 06:31 PM
    @CausticRej. I think a lot of us here WANT this! Keep us posted. Thanks for going native!
    03-09-12 07:03 PM
    isnt PaceMaker coming to PB?
    03-09-12 07:22 PM
    I think you guys are all crazy. You're asking too much from any tablet, especially considering that you can do everything you're asking for with any decent laptop, or, if portability is your main concern, probably some of the higher end netbooks. None of the tablets that I'm aware of have real USB capabilities other than maybe hooking up a computer keyboard or flash drive or the like. With a laptop, you already can hook up a midi keyboard or other midi instrument and aftermarket muti-channel sound card, plus install any DAW and VST plug-ins that are out there. Without real USB ports, what's the point? Maybe when the Windows tablets hit the market, some will have USB ports and use standard Windows hardware drivers. Then you'll be able to hook up midi instruments and USB sound cards and actually do something on them.
    03-09-12 07:56 PM
    I think the Pacemaker application is a great sign that the PlayBook is being seriously looked at, and I'm hopeful that more will follow. I can't wait for release of the app. I'm gonna jump on board asap because the Pacemaker is an absolutely brilliant piece of gear that surprised many people with its capability and form factor. I would love to have a sampler/looper for multiple .wav or .mp3 files with a quantized triggering interface. Just a simple tool to create and playback mashups or audio mixes in a performance setting, like an Ableton "Ultra-Lite Edition". I love the "groovebox" idea as well. I agree that some audio processing may be way too heavy to run on a tablet; however, playing a few audio files simultaneously shouldn't be too cpu intensive at all. Gate effects and pitching could be OK, too. I'm basing some of this opinion on the fact that I DJed for quite a while on a crap netbook running Ableton without a hitch. With some light tweaking, I could run 3 to 4 channels of audio plus beat repeats and compression, and barely hit 25% CPU on an Atom processor. If anyone needs help with testing or wants to pick my brain further, let me know!
    03-10-12 03:28 AM
    About Caustic 2: this is a serious music app I would love to have.
    The lack of (good) music apps on the PB, even if the PB is capable enough, bothers me but this may be what I'm hoping for.

Well: I hope this is no vaporware, but anyway, the demo on Youtube shows otherwise...
    04-04-12 04:37 AM
    Personally I think the rock-solid reliability of the PlayBook OS would knock the socks of IOS for live music purposes. As a sound engineer I've seen too many iPads, MacBooks and Windows laptops crashing mid-performance on stage.

To be taken seriously by the music industry, the PlayBook needs:

• a compatible USB MIDI interface (at least in/out/thru)
    • a compatible USB Pro-audio interface (low latency, 24bit, 96Khz)
    • supporting multi-app platform API's for routing, merging, sharing, managing the above
    • if possible, a VST-like plugin standard

Do that right, and we'll be seeing PlayBooks on stage everywhere.

I can understand Windows crashing. But iOS and MacBooks crashing? Are you serious?

I have been using the metronome app DingTicTic by Sucroid.com for my teaching. Though I don't do electronic music much so I don't know what is out there.

Until the PB support USB host mode, I doubt we'll see any serious USB MIDI/audio interfaces unless some company decides to manufacture a special dock for the PB for music purposes.
    04-04-12 04:51 AM
    I can understand Windows crashing. But iOS and MacBooks crashing? Are you serious?

Final Cut Pro and Cubase crash iOS all the time... which is why my studio is gradually moving to a Win8 environment. You remind me of a co-worker who will blame anything and everything (including brown outs) rather than blame a Mac for freezing.
    joski likes this.
    04-04-12 10:46 AM
    Final Cut Pro and Cubase crash iOS all the time... which is why my studio is gradually moving to a Win8 environment. You remind me of a co-worker who will blame anything and everything (including brown outs) rather than blame a Mac for freezing.
    Well, that's just bad programming because it's not the OS that's crashing. It's the apps crashing. Apps on PlayBook sometimes crash too. I had Voice Note crashing twice on me this morning.

I think Cubase is not known for its stability on Mac. I have never used Final Cut Pro, only iMovie and GarageBand. Never crashed once. But people would say those are toys, which I won't argue against.

Anyway, the PlayBook has more horsepower than my DAW from 10 years ago: Pentium 4 333MHz running Cakewalk (don't remember the version.) If that dinosaur could do live 16-track audio recording at 44.1/16, I bet the PlayBook can do the same.
    04-04-12 11:00 AM
    Yesterday I managed to run Fast Tracker 2 in the Playbook using DOSBox, using the Gravis Ultrasound emulation. It runs very good, only some problems using the mouse (I use the blackberry 9300 as bluetooth keyb/pad). Fast Tracker 2 was an underground music production tool for ms-dos that was very popular in the 90's. It's part of the "sound trackers" software family, some others are Scream Tracker 3 and Impulse Tracker 2 for MS-DOS, and later ModPlug Tracker for Windows 95.
    That kind of software allow to load and sequence wav samples, and make full tracks. The Playbook can be used as an oldskool-full-music-production-tool. You can grab some tracks from modarchive.org
    04-05-12 06:53 AM
    About Caustic 2: this is a serious music app I would love to have.
    The lack of (good) music apps on the PB, even if the PB is capable enough, bothers me but this may be what I'm hoping for.

Well: I hope this is no vaporware, but anyway, the demo on Youtube shows otherwise...

I can assure you it is not vaporware. In fact Caustic has been running smoothly on my playbook for weeks now. Rej sent me a version to test and I am blown away. Finally a decent music app for musicians.

I believe Rej also just got approval from Rim to sell it. I expect you guys will see it available very soon. If you want to see what it is you can check the Android page here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...UuY2F1c3RpYyJd

Manytone Music has also been busy porting some of our samplesets into the Caustic PCM synth. We plan on having these available for purchase shortly after Caustic releases in the Blackberry app store.

Man, what a great program, I just love it! Congrats to Rej on the great native port!
    Paul
    joski and jvictor77 like this.
    04-17-12 05:01 PM
    Thanks Manytone! This may be just what I need to prepare basic backing tracks and then export to Audacity for further instrument expansion. Keep us posted!
    04-17-12 05:47 PM
    @CausticReg @manytone

Thanks for the update. Waiting very patiently for Caustic2. I hope the wait is over soon!
    04-17-12 06:17 PM
    A bump to bring this thread up to date for those watching.

It is a bonus week for musicians on the Playbook!

First MorphWiz-Play was released which is a real time synthesizer.
    Post is here for it:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-718841/

And now today, Caustic 2 was released!!!!
    Post and links for it are here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-719258/

As of a week ago we had nothing like these Music apps! Great to see some cool stuff for the PlayBook! Caustic even has a great demo version to check out.
    Enjoy fellow Musicians!
    04-25-12 12:41 PM
    Just got Caustic 2 - looks great! It seems to be a bit different to the Android version you showed us. Where's the Bass Synth?
    04-25-12 01:33 PM

As of a week ago we had nothing like these Music apps! Great to see some cool stuff for the PlayBook! Caustic even has a great demo version to check out.
    Enjoy fellow Musicians!
    No Kidding. Last week virtually nothing for music. This week it is like WOW a different planet; uh world. I will have to buy both of these apps. The tablet still says BlackBerry at the bottom but it is like a new darn tablet every day.

Thank you devs keep the goodies coming!
    04-25-12 01:38 PM
    Just got Caustic 2 - looks great! It seems to be a bit different to the Android version you showed us. Where's the Bass Synth?
    The bass synth is there and it is identical to the android as far as I know.
    See screenshots on the app page.
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ontent/106066/
    Is that the Bass synth (Sub Synth) You can rename instruments, there is also the Bassline and you can delete and load other instruments if you do not want them.
    Last edited by manytone; 04-25-12 at 01:45 PM.
    04-25-12 01:41 PM
    MorphWiz is the best buy! I suppose its cheaper compared with the real thing.
    04-25-12 04:07 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD