When you look at App world and see 70 games, a bunch of useless utilities
    and such and nothing much in the way of real programs like the email client, a working VNC client, a good photo editing software, complex programs then someone has
    to say whooaaa..We need to balance things out.

But they can do both!!!

1. Keep chugging through the list of submitted apps.
    2. Grab the ones out of the pile that file the empty slots in App World.

Again, if that does not work for the Dev, I am sorry, but the customer is
    the person both RIM and the Devs should be looking to please.

WalMart can't run the way the suppliers want it to run, it runs the way
    the customer wants it to run, on demand.

We pay the bills!

Tim
    04-28-11 04:52 PM
    Or people could just learn to be patient and wait the normal 1-2 weeks it takes for approval. Not everything in life happens the moment you want it to. Even the high end of 2 weeks is not that long. Go outside for a while and enjoy the nice weather while you wait
    04-28-11 05:08 PM
    Good apps are not going to show up until RIM releases a C/C++ sdk this summer. Right now the only way devs can make an app for this device is to either create a webapp or create a low performance flash air app.

All the apps are slow and sluggish because they are flash apps. We aren't going to get any useful apps until this summer.
    04-28-11 05:31 PM
    We pay the bills!

Tim
    doesnt work that way, you cant buy any apps if you destroy you dev base by showing some preferential treatment over others which leaves you with very few devs.

so by your reasoning, person a) submits a email app, person b) submits a vnc client and person c) submits a contacts app.

who gets the preference? the person who submitted it first or what?

what gives anyone (including RIM) the right to say `that app is more important that that app`.

simple point, make the system unfair and you`ll lose devs and in turn you`ll not have so many apps. its called a que for a reason. like shao says, takes up to 10 working days normally (iv had one take 23 days) but just be patient.
    04-28-11 06:39 PM
    All the apps are slow and sluggish because they are flash apps. We aren't going to get any useful apps until this summer.
    iv actually been told my app runs really smoothly thanks, plus `good` and `useful` are subjective.
    04-28-11 06:40 PM
    Hmmm,,,seems it's not only me..

"Plead with Netflix. Appeal to Twitter. Make a deal with Zynga. Pay big bucks to Marco Arment for his Instapaper app (assuming he'd accept). Find out why Kindle's promise of a PlayBook app is, at the moment, unfulfilled. Do what it takes to bring some headliners to the PlayBook, because Need for Speed and Tetris aren't cutting it. Fast app switching is one of the PlayBook's greatest assets, and it's being squandered by an App World filled with junk."

4 Improvements RIM Can Make to Stop Sucking | PCWorld

Nah, let them keep doing it how they're doing it now. Don't change a thing. NOT!

If they don't watch it the new name for it will be the BB CrApp Store

Folks, I want this all to work out for both RIM, the good Devs and the Customer.
    But right now, it is not even close. Even the app forum is dead. No excitement at all.

Tim
    Last edited by trsbbs; 05-01-11 at 02:56 AM. Reason: updated it
    04-29-11 08:07 PM
    doesnt work that way, you cant buy any apps if you destroy you dev base by showing some preferential treatment over others which leaves you with very few devs.

so by your reasoning, person a) submits a email app, person b) submits a vnc client and person c) submits a contacts app.

who gets the preference? the person who submitted it first or what?

what gives anyone (including RIM) the right to say `that app is more important that that app`.

simple point, make the system unfair and you`ll lose devs and in turn you`ll not have so many apps. its called a que for a reason. like shao says, takes up to 10 working days normally (iv had one take 23 days) but just be patient.
    This is not meant for you, but Devs can be hired, customers can not.

Read the PC mag. article I linked to.
    04-29-11 08:10 PM
    Hmmm,,,seems it's not only me..

"Plead with Netflix. Appeal to Twitter. Make a deal with Zynga. Pay big bucks to Marco Arment for his Instapaper app (assuming he'd accept). Find out why Kindle's promise of a PlayBook app is, at the moment, unfulfilled. Do what it takes to bring some headliners to the PlayBook, because Need for Speed and Tetris aren't cutting it. Fast app switching is one of the PlayBook's greatest assets, and it's being squandered by an App World filled with junk."

4 Improvements RIM Can Make to Stop Sucking | PCWorld

Tim
    I fell for it and clicked the link..I will never get that time back, shame on me.
    04-29-11 10:57 PM
    I fell for it and clicked the link..I will never get that time back, shame on me.
    Sorry about that. Hope you didnt hurt yourself.

Tim
    04-30-11 04:51 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD