Perhaps this is one of those "DUH?" for some of you. Feedback please.
    I loaded up playbook app world and under "Recently Updated" tab I find a 5 star rated app: "E-Mobile Air Share for Bl..." Support file sharing among different mobile devices and PC." Sounds great to me. I purchase it. Downloads great but fails to install. Continueous error msg failed to install please retry. I email support at E-mobile. They reply the following day with:
    "Hi,
    This app is not for Playbook
    Regards,
    e-Mobile Software support team"

1, How do I determine which apps on Playbook App world are not for Playbook? I asked vendor E-mobile for refund. No reply, at this time.
    2. Will vendors such as Crackberry offer Playbook Apps? I have never downloaded an app not for my device from them.
    04-27-11 11:30 PM
    if it doesn't show up on your PB appworld then its not a compatable app. if it doesn't specifically say it works with the PB then its not a compatible app.[/tip]
    04-28-11 06:49 AM
    The problem is that app DOES show up in the PlayBook AppWorld. There's a note in the description indicating it's not compatible with the PlayBook, but if I were looking for apps, I assume everything that shows up in AppWorld on my PlayBook is compatible. Why would they be listed otherwise?

Maybe this one is just an error in categorizing it as a PlayBook app.
    04-28-11 09:52 AM
    i just had a similar problem. i noticed the game pixelated on the top of the top free chart. i went to download it but there was no download button. i also noticed that the app screenshots were all formated for smartphones. waahh? Maybe this means phone apps will be released for playbook shortly? Or maybe just a mistake?
    04-28-11 11:36 AM
    There are some weird things going on between the web catalog and the app world on the PB. Yesterday i was screwing around browsing app world on my desktop and somehow found a list of 2076 (or so) playbook apps, some good stuff but there are currently only 76 or so apps returned when your search the term palybook on the appworld website.

there are obviously more than 76 apps on the PB appworld but ti is actually very cumbersome to browse. The architecture is ok once the ecosystem is blown out but for now it seems dreadful. You should be able to select a category and after selectional an app 9the detail) be able to swipe to the next detailed description - too much back button action since there are no descriptions on the icon screens.
    05-01-11 10:25 AM
    There are some weird things going on between the web catalog and the app world on the PB. Yesterday i was screwing around browsing app world on my desktop and somehow found a list of 2076 (or so) playbook apps, some good stuff but there are currently only 76 or so apps returned when your search the term palybook on the appworld website.

there are obviously more than 76 apps on the PB appworld but ti is actually very cumbersome to browse. The architecture is ok once the ecosystem is blown out but for now it seems dreadful. You should be able to select a category and after selectional an app 9the detail) be able to swipe to the next detailed description - too much back button action since there are no descriptions on the icon screens.
    thats because your searching the keyword `playbook` in the title/description of the app, not the device
    05-01-11 10:33 AM
    how do you search for device specific apps?
    05-01-11 11:23 AM
    how do you search for device specific apps?
    you need to have your BBID already created on the device, then sign in on the website appworld and it`ll filter to your device
    05-01-11 12:02 PM
    Kind of stupid, if i was checking out app world before buying a playbook it would look ridiculously underpopulated. they just don't get it
    05-01-11 05:48 PM
    if it doesn't show up on your PB appworld then its not a compatable app. if it doesn't specifically say it works with the PB then its not a compatible app.[/tip]

Regret WRONG

The pb appworld page says IN CAPS
    "THIS APPLICATION IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH PLAYBOOK YET"

CASE CLOSED
    05-01-11 09:01 PM

Regret WRONG

PB'S AppWorld page says IN CAPS
    "THIS APPLICATION IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH PLAYBOOK YET"

CASE CLOSED
    05-01-11 09:02 PM
    can you not just enable file sharing on the playbook and you get the some function?
    05-01-11 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD