Hello guys, I needed to ask for help!

Recently my PlayBook's BB App World began showing the error of "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again". However, this only pops up when I'm downloading a new app and/or when updating an app. My connection is alright, since I've been using other apps that require wifi and they work just fine. With in BB App World, I'm able to browse the apps and categories without any issue, but it won't let me download or update anything!

I've tried restarting the tablet but no luck! HELP!
    03-11-12 10:51 PM
    Try doing a hard reset to see if that helps. When the PB is on, press and hold the power button until it goes off completely. Tales about 10 seconds. While doing this, it will pop up and give you the option to turn off, reset, or standby. Just ignore that and keep holding the power button until the screen goes out completely, then release it.

Once you have done this press and release it again. The LED will light red for a few moments and then you can release it and just wait for it to boot up.

No guarantee fix here but it worked for me in the past. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 03-11-12 at 11:01 PM.
    03-11-12 10:58 PM
    Try doing a hard reset to see if that helps. When the PB is on, press and hold the power button until it goes off completely. Tales about 10 seconds. While doing this, it will pop up and give you the option to turn off, reset, or standby. Just ignore that and keep holding the power button until the screen goes out completely, then release it.

Once you have done this press and release it again. The LED will light red for a few moments and then you can release it and just wait for it to boot up.

No guarantee fix here but it worked for me in the past. Hope this helps.
    No luck :/ Thank you
    03-11-12 11:15 PM
    No luck :/ Thank you
    Sorry. Hopefully someone else here can chime in with another solution...
    03-11-12 11:17 PM
    Try turning wifi off, hit reset from battery icon and then turn wifi on again. If that doesn't work try downloading apps from desk top
    03-11-12 11:22 PM
    delete your saved wifi network and log back on with your password. Took me a week to figure it out, but it worked with no problems! Sometimes you just have to log back into your network from scratch to get things working again. Hope this helps!
    ordigas, emtunc and bitek like this.
    03-11-12 11:40 PM
    ^ deleting and reconnecting the wifi worked for me too, after having the same message from app world.
    03-11-12 11:52 PM
    ^ deleting WiFi worked for me too after trying restarts, resets, the date change trick, etc..
    03-12-12 01:33 AM
    Yes! This worked out! Thank you guys!
    03-12-12 10:57 AM
    Had the same problem. deleting and resetting wi-fi worked for me too. Thanks!
    03-16-12 09:28 AM
    delete your saved wifi network and log back on with your password. Took me a week to figure it out, but it worked with no problems! Sometimes you just have to log back into your network from scratch to get things working again. Hope this helps!
    I could not figure it out for couple of days how to fix this issue.Such a simple solution!. Thanks
    05-12-12 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD