First of all, what a dumb dumb dumb idea. In a global world, with devices made for business people who may travel ALOT, you can't access app store in certain countries???!!! With a blackberry phone I can MAYBE still say sure since it all goes through a BIS/BES and varied maybe there's something I dint understand thus carriers would have to support app world in order to use it in that country.

But you can download apps from pages still, they just make it inconvenient as he'll for you to download through an easily accessible singular app store. I don't know which genius thought of this but it's ridiculous.

Becomes even more ridiculous when you consider the PB doesn't even have 3G it's wifi only. Why the bloody **** can I not have app world when I travel to unsupported country??!!

So that being said, anybody have any idea how to get this up and running. I'd prefer a solution without vpn's or any additional monthly costs. But in Cade it's absolutely not possible to do it without VPN, what's the cheapest more cost effective way to do it.
    MUGHALGXT and maj1_1 like this.
    05-05-11 01:18 AM
    same question here.
    05-08-11 06:55 AM
    What about using a north America non-transparent proxy? This should show your public ip address as being in the us or Canada.

Google open proxy and look for one that is non transparent

Let me know if it works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 01:29 PM
    I am currently in Lebanon (not a supported country) and using the appworld in the following method.

First of all, I am using VPN connection to the states.. I havent tried the Fake IP method but it might work (there is a lot of website that give you a fake IP and shows that ur located in the US instead of an unsupported appworld country).

Requirements:
    1. VPN Connection (as i said fake IP might work, try it and let me know)
    2. Windows 7

Steps:

1. Connect to the internet thru ur laptop wirlessly
    2. Start your VPN Connection (now if you go to ipaddrseslocation.org it should show that ur in the US or whatever country ur VPN'ng to)
    3. Right click on your VPN Connection, hit properties then click on the sharing tab, Check the first box which says "Allow other network users to connect thru this computer's internet connection", then right under the check box there is a drop down menu for selecting the "Home network Connection", select the virtual wireless adapter which is usually "Wireless Network Connection 2". after that is done just hit apply of ok...
    4. Start your VPN Connection
    5. Open the command prompt and do the following:
    Note: ( you can change the "ssid" and the "key" to anything you want)
    a. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MLV key=password
    b. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Now you will have another Wireless Connection thru ur laptop in the name of (whatever u changed the ssid and key to.. MLV and password is password in the case above.)

Connect your playbook to that new wireless connection and load AppWorld.

ENJOY....

Note: I heard that there is a program will do most of the stuff above for you automatically but I never tried it.. its called "Connectify". You can give that a shot if you like, but personally im just using the above method...

Take Care,
    Mohamad
    05-09-11 02:43 PM
    I am currently in Lebanon (not a supported country) and using the appworld in the following method.

First of all, I am using VPN connection to the states.. I havent tried the Fake IP method but it might work (there is a lot of website that give you a fake IP and shows that ur located in the US instead of an unsupported appworld country).

Requirements:
    1. VPN Connection (as i said fake IP might work, try it and let me know)
    2. Windows 7

Steps:

1. Connect to the internet thru ur laptop wirlessly
    2. Start your VPN Connection (now if you go to ipaddrseslocation.org it should show that ur in the US or whatever country ur VPN'ng to)
    3. Right click on your VPN Connection, hit properties then click on the sharing tab, Check the first box which says "Allow other network users to connect thru this computer's internet connection", then right under the check box there is a drop down menu for selecting the "Home network Connection", select the virtual wireless adapter which is usually "Wireless Network Connection 2". after that is done just hit apply of ok...
    4. Start your VPN Connection
    5. Open the command prompt and do the following:
    Note: ( you can change the "ssid" and the "key" to anything you want)
    a. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MLV key=password
    b. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Now you will have another Wireless Connection thru ur laptop in the name of (whatever u changed the ssid and key to.. MLV and password is password in the case above.)

Connect your playbook to that new wireless connection and load AppWorld.

ENJOY....

Note: I heard that there is a program will do most of the stuff above for you automatically but I never tried it.. its called "Connectify". You can give that a shot if you like, but personally im just using the above method...

Take Care,
    Mohamad
    Would you like to share your American vnc? or help me find one? because I am not having luck .

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Guillermo
    05-10-11 02:27 PM
    Would you like to share your American vnc? or help me find one? because I am not having luck .

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Guillermo
    I cant share my VPN account cause its a family one. I log in to my brother's vpn router.. sorry but here is a list of website you can get one for free or buy one for a monthly payment.

Free VPN Service
    StrongVPN.com is VPN service, offers security and anonymity for personal use
    VPN Master - VPN Provider - Buy VPN Account - Cheap VPN Access - DD-WRT Supported

Just google VPN access and you will get a whole bunch of them.

Take Care.
    05-10-11 02:44 PM
    Thanks, trying....
    05-10-11 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD