Citrix Receiver
    SSH Client
    SFTP Client
    VNC
    Bellshare Apps (Berry Weather, Berry Reader)
    VLC
    a zip app that AES and zipv2 encryption
    WebEx
    Goto Meeting
    offline wiki
    MedChemist likes this.
    04-20-11 08:44 PM
    BlackBerry App World - BlueBox

There is a dropbox app.
    According to the reviews, you cannot download or upload files. That makes it absolutely worthless. i fail to see the point of that app.
    04-20-11 09:06 PM
    i would like to have zinio magazine to read my magazine that i bought previously on the ipad!!!
    04-20-11 10:14 PM
    According to the reviews, you cannot download or upload files. That makes it absolutely worthless. i fail to see the point of that app.
    Agreed. the dropbox website, however, works. files are downloaded to the 'downloads' folder. Word To Go finds them.
    04-20-11 10:18 PM
    +1 for Dropbox
    Until we get the app, there's always the web version at Dropbox - Simplify your life.

I tried it today and was able to download a pdf and docx file to take with me to two meetings. The pdf file opened in Acrobat Reader, and the docx in Word to Go. I tried the upload function and it works too but you have to use the "basic uploader" which gets you to the Browse button. Touching that gets you to a page where you can select pictures, video, music, and documents for uploading.

For me, this will do for now, while I beg for an App that will allow me to mark up pdf files, and also search within them.

BTW, is there a Universal Search feature (yet) for the PB?
    04-20-11 10:32 PM
    Teamviewer !
    04-20-11 11:03 PM
    I'm curious as to why people want a facebook or twitter app when the full-featured web version is available on the playbook?

I understand for services like skype, but facebook? Maybe I'm just not used to using the mobile one but if I've got access to the full site I'd much rather use that.
    04-21-11 02:36 AM
    Adobe Photoshop
    Corel Painter
    Kindle
    Wikipedia
    Gmail
    Wifi BBM
    VLC
    Skype (w/Video)
    04-21-11 02:37 AM
    I'm curious as to why people want a facebook or twitter app when the full-featured web version is available on the playbook?

I understand for services like skype, but facebook? Maybe I'm just not used to using the mobile one but if I've got access to the full site I'd much rather use that.
    I'm not sure why people keep asking for a facebook app since there are no tablet versions of that at all, but as for twitter, many people simply prefer the mobile versions since the full website isn't anything special and less ideal on a smaller screen.
    04-21-11 02:41 AM
    Dropbox
    Evernote
    Comiczeal
    CNN
    Pandora
    Goodreader
    Tether
    SplashID
    04-21-11 06:58 AM
    I would love for this thing to be able to run XBMC. They were able to port it over for iOS so im guessing they should be able to make a version for the Playbook. XBMC on this thing would be awesome.

I have an Acer EasyStore with all my movies and music on it and can't think of any other way for the Playbook to stream from it. Any ideas?
    04-21-11 08:33 AM
    The PB is AWESOME for Role Playing Games as you can have all of your manuals, notes, character sheets, maps, etc. the one thing we need is a dice roller. There are a couple for the phones, so how about one for the PB?
    04-21-11 08:50 AM
    Really want a nice fluid native app.
    04-21-11 09:39 AM
    The PB is AWESOME for Role Playing Games as you can have all of your manuals, notes, character sheets, maps, etc. the one thing we need is a dice roller. There are a couple for the phones, so how about one for the PB?
    There is a free app in the app world called "Randomize That" that is a dice roller (among other things)"
    04-21-11 06:22 PM
    There is one that is available - it's called Goblin. I havent used but came across it this morning (didnt see it there yesterday). It seems to be trying to do what you are suggested.

There is also a dice roller application on there called DiceRoller that seems to be what you are looking for. I haven't used it but its up there now for .99 cents.
    04-21-11 07:00 PM
    Just searching "dice" in app world brings up several free and paid ones.
    04-21-11 07:02 PM
    I tried to search the other day with no luck. thanks to the posters, both Randomize that and Goblin get the job done. thanks again.
    04-21-11 07:30 PM
    1. netflix
    2. words with friends
    3.angery birds
    4. remote app that works with ps3
    5. a good graphing calc (ti 89)
    6. scores mobile app for pb
    7. electrical engineer app
    8. kindle
    9. a good cad type app (autocad, cad star, etc.)
    10. psn app to keep up with ps3 buddies

some of these im sure is not possible, like cad. but just imagine how great it would to be able to design, modify, or show a circuit or blue print right from the palm of hand!
    04-21-11 10:36 PM
    - Google Apps
    - Firefox
    - Nook/B&N
    - BB Traffic/Protect
    -
    - Some off-line maps so i can use my GPS . . is this so hard? . . GPS's have been around for YEARS that dont need data services.

- A decent, seachable, offline NIV bible would be nice
    Last edited by dannebtd; 04-21-11 at 11:04 PM.
    04-21-11 10:54 PM
    Dropbox
    Sugarsync
    Kindle
    Interactive Brokers Traderworkstation
    Evernote
    Angry Birds
    Tiny Wings
    Kik (!!! Never gonna happen)
    Pidgin or Meebo
    Yahoo + MSN Messengers
    Kindle app
    Banking apps
    Google Voice
    File Browser
    Form editing (like Easysign)
    Wireless printing app
    Onenote
    Password keeper
    Fax app
    Netflix
    Hulu
    Dragon Dictation
    Themes
    Tweetdeck
    Google Maps/Earth
    Blackbook (Private address book)
    BB Protect
    Pandora
    Last edited by deltadiva2; 04-22-11 at 10:36 PM.
    04-22-11 10:28 PM
    Garmin Navigator
    Amazon MP3
    And DEF Blackberry Travel!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-11 08:30 AM
    A working irc client, both of the ones on appworld don't work
    04-23-11 08:40 AM
    I would really like to get an automobile integration app.
    This would include:

-GPS with turn by turn voice:
    -Speakerphone bridged to the BB
    -MP3 player that had the option to paus or cut to background volume when a call or GPS prompt came up
    -video record for both and or either front and rear facing cameras on a loop so as to not take up too much memory, but to allow a playback of the last few minutes.
    -finally, ability to display video from a bluetooth back up camera.

Hopefully in concert with the following hardware:
    - a good windshield mount that would not obscure the camera, and allow a power cord to run to the cigarette lighter outlet.
    - a bluetooth backup camera with easy on/off mounting. maybe if it was really lightweight an adhesive backed bracket could stick to the car that the camera could be slid in and our of with some type of locking tabs.
    04-23-11 09:57 AM
    how about everthing? like apple has done over how many different product?? im pretty annoyed with my playbook purchase right now..
    04-23-11 01:22 PM
113 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD