Whenever I turn on my PlayBook, the top left corner flashes and asks me to update the following apps:

Xtreme Snowboarding
    PeopleMundi
    BestTicTac Toe HD
    Bubble Birds

etc.. (its a long list)

I check my apps and they are all updated to the lastest versions but I keep getting prompted to update these apps, does anyone know why?

Thanks in advance
    07-13-11 08:42 PM
    The Scrapbook app is the first one in a long time that hasn't done this. When you update an app, check for duplicates in your 'all' tray. If you are getting notifications after you updated an app, you'll probably find a duplicate. The one closest to the bottom is probably the new one.

Press and hold the old one till it wiggles then click the trashcan icon to delete it. If you're not sure which one is the new one, go into app world, uninstall it, go to the home screen and delete the rogue one left then reinstall. Now you won't get notification for that app anymore.

There's either a bug in the app update process or the developers are changing some info other than version number in the app's XML file.
    Lumzy9780 likes this.
    07-13-11 09:06 PM
    Throwing this out but would it be possible that those were once free apps but now are paid hence why the notifications?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ignites likes this.
    07-13-11 09:33 PM
    Throwing this out but would it be possible that those were once free apps but now are paid hence why the notifications?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    All free. What I documented above is the problem and the workaround.
    narci likes this.
    07-13-11 09:52 PM
    hmm wworks thanks!

edit:
    by the way is there ways to ignore notifications (i dont plan on paying to update offline browser etc..)
    Last edited by ignites; 07-13-11 at 10:21 PM.
    07-13-11 10:11 PM
    So far, I've found nothing about checking for update or disabling notification for individual apps. Maybe it will be part of the OS update
    07-13-11 10:40 PM
    Thanks louzer, I just deleted and reinstalled and it worked like a charm. I've done this with my 9650 before don't know why I didn't think of it with my Playbook .....duh!
    07-13-11 10:42 PM
    Having same issue with 2 apps going to do what you suggested louzer.
    07-14-11 12:43 AM
    i've seen this before too. sometimes the old app is not removed when the new app is added. so you keep getting notifs for the old app cause its still there. it doesnt seem to matter that the new one is loaded since it sees the old one.
    07-14-11 02:29 AM
    I'm also receiving the same mysterious update notification... what I'm doing is, check "my world"... and if everything there is OK i.e. updated, I just simply close the update notification by pressing the "x" button... it usually stop the mysterious notification...
    07-14-11 07:49 AM
    Whenever I turn on my PlayBook, the top left corner flashes and asks me to update the following apps:

Xtreme Snowboarding
    PeopleMundi
    BestTicTac Toe HD
    Bubble Birds

etc.. (its a long list)

I check my apps and they are all updated to the lastest versions but I keep getting prompted to update these apps, does anyone know why?

Thanks in advance
    Same issue here but with RealPortal..

Tim
    07-14-11 09:08 AM
    I had a similar problem with ruler app upgrade. I tried deleting it and reinstalling but when it came up it was now an app that required payment. I couldn't restore the free version which appears to be gone.
    07-14-11 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD