hey guys sorry for the newbie question, but when i download apps does the apps save on my 64GB i have? xuz i think i saw somewhere that i only had 1 GB for apps only, thanks
    01-13-12 12:05 PM
    hey guys sorry for the newbie question, but when i download apps does the apps save on my 64GB i have? xuz i think i saw somewhere that i only had 1 GB for apps only, thanks
    All apps and downloaded materials get saved on your 64GB hard drive in the PB.
    1GB is the RAM that the PB has (irrespective of storage capacity of 16,32, or 64GB). This determines the PB's ability/capacity to run/process programs when used.
    01-13-12 12:10 PM
    How can I see that? I've searched the forums and tablet and can't find a place where it shows my amount of space used (not that I'm worried, just would like to know).

thanks so much.

Edit: I figured out how to see it on the PC, was wondering if there was a way to see it on the tablet... thanks again.
    01-13-12 12:35 PM
    How can I see that? I've searched the forums and tablet and can't find a place where it shows my amount of space used (not that I'm worried, just would like to know).

thanks so much.
    You can either get some apps from the app world (there are free and paid ones) called Files and Folder app. This will give you an idea as to how much space you have free, what is using how much, and the apps also have a host of other features you can use.

Other than that, if you go to the setting from your PB (click the wheel icon in the top icon bar in your PB's home page), go to "About", click on "hardware"-- and there you will find your current used and free space along with a few other details.

Hope this helps
    01-13-12 12:38 PM
    Go to settings gear in the top right ... then hit "about" , and then toggle down to "hardware".
    01-13-12 12:38 PM
    thanks for the answer, so i can have some cool heavy apps like asphalt and modern combat at a time, btw modern combat is good? im thinking on getting it
    01-13-12 02:09 PM
    That confusion comes from the BBOS phones which separate media storage and system/app storage. It's a limitation of how BBOS was designed. Tablet OS/BB10 doesn't have this limitation, you have 64GB and that's it. You can use it for apps or media as you see fit.
    01-13-12 02:58 PM
    Maybe you were confusing the PB with the B&N Nook? The Nook only has 1GB of user space available to install your own stuff. All the rest can only be installed from the B&N store. Ripoff if you asked me. PB is way ahead in this area.
    01-13-12 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD