02-02-12 10:42 AM
    Saw that too... Wondering if it has any features/ better usability the es file explorer (sideload).
    02-02-12 12:14 PM
    Saw that too... Wondering if it has any features/ better usability the es file explorer (sideload).
    I am not sure what the ES file Explorer is like, but I did download the PC portion to check at work (my PB is at home) and I like the fact that it allows me to pick any folder on my Windows platform to share. Gonna try to share my Mapped NAS drive at home and see if it works.
    02-02-12 12:29 PM
    what's the difference with this and installing web server on the pc and accessing/streaming/downloading any file you want via the PB web browser?
    02-02-12 12:55 PM
    I would like this or one of the existing file manager apps just to be able to connect to a shared directory on a system. OSX, Linux, Windows, or NAS using the normal SMB protocol. Not have to install another application on the target system. I make a share available, I would like to simply connect to it by typing in credentials. We finally got RDP. Now how about some more standards based connection capability.
    02-02-12 03:05 PM
    I would like this or one of the existing file manager apps just to be able to connect to a shared directory on a system. OSX, Linux, Windows, or NAS using the normal SMB protocol.
    Es file explorer works for that, i am using it to connect to my smb have attached two shots of the app. My setup and the options.
    Last edited by Creaturefear; 02-02-12 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Add pictures
    02-02-12 04:15 PM
    Es file explorer works for that, i am using it to connect to my smb have attached two shots of the app. My setup and the options.
    does Es file explorer open or ask to save when you open a file off of a share? and does it allow copying/transfering files like pics, mp3s, etc.. from the PB to a network share?
    02-02-12 06:12 PM
    myHarddisk could use a progress bar on the Playbook side for transfers. All it does now is tell you its done with a popup that goes away fast.
    02-03-12 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD