I'm looking for a Playbook app that will allow me to mark-up a PDF or other "uneditable" document by hi-lighting text, adding arrows or comments in text boxes etc. - similar to Adobe Acrobat/Reader commenting tools. I've had no luck searching App World but I'm not sure if I am using the right search terms. Any suggestions?
    02-29-12 01:07 AM
    Search App World for Jotsy.
    02-29-12 01:09 AM
    if you are familiar with sideloading, look up "repligo" in the android sideloading section. if you aren't familiar with sideloading but want to learn, search for tutorials in that section and you'll find something. it's not very difficult and it opens up a lot of doors that are not available within app world.
    02-29-12 01:19 AM
    I also use Jotsy for annotating PDFs.
    02-29-12 02:07 AM
    I also use Jotsy for annotating PDFs.
    Lylej2k and rjedge54,

does the current version of jotsy allow for storage and usage of PDF files stored on the playbook? i haven't been keeping a close look on jotsy but i keep reading that all files need to be stored on either one's box.net account or desktop computer to be synced.

actually, on that note, what happens when you don't have a wifi connection and you need to access/mark-up pdfs?

i recently started using repligoreader (sideloaded) and it works like a charm for marking up, searching, etc. PDFs (and subsequently viewing them on my computer). haven't tried this function yet, but it even has an "inverted" view mode where text is white on a black background which i'm looking forward to trying out sometime. that being said, though, if jotsy ends up being what i need it to be, i would gladly use a native app over an android one.
    02-29-12 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD