Can we have a sticky thread where playbook developers in this forum can share their experience insights and other tid-bits on how to create apps for the playbook.

I became a member on the crackberry board following the playbook release and this is an immensely helpful forum. I think if we have a sticky post where the app developers can share ideas, sample codes we can ourselves create useful & fun apps for the playbook rather than having a hundred clock apps or a thousand fart apps.
    I'm sure some might not be efficient coders but might have simple but great ideas for the appworld while other might be very good at implementing those ideas.

In summary if the playbook app developers as well as the regular contributors step up and collaborate we can certainly have great apps that will make playbook a true success story and crackberry forum might be the right platform to lead the way.
    05-01-11 06:47 PM
    This sounds like a good idea, I would be more than willing to help people make apps for the PlayBook, if you are reading this post and would like help feel free to PM me as well. RIM's docs can be a bit to complex at times and everyone get stuck on something and needs help.

At some point I will make a simple walk through of how to make a WebWorks app .
    05-01-11 07:11 PM
    I'm more than willing to help anyone who wants to venture in WebWorks. Don't know a lot about AIR yet but plan to look into that as well.

In order to help out I've already released a full WebWorks app as GPL open source. Feel free to have a look and mess around with it.

https://github.com/TheMarco/Unit-Converter

This app is also available for free in the app catalog.
    05-02-11 12:29 AM
    I would like to advise the official BlackBerry dev fora for both PlayBook AIR and WebWorks development.
    05-02-11 07:06 AM
    I'm more than willing to help anyone who wants to venture in WebWorks. Don't know a lot about AIR yet but plan to look into that as well.

In order to help out I've already released a full WebWorks app as GPL open source. Feel free to have a look and mess around with it.

https://github.com/TheMarco/Unit-Converter

This app is also available for free in the app catalog.
    You need to update your config file, it outdated and using the old version, but other than that thanks for putting those resources up, it will help people alot .
    05-02-11 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD