I noticed it too.
    i haven't logged alot of time on it yet, but my sound has been fine so far. after i installed the game, i restarted the playbook before playing....did you?
    02-16-12 08:38 PM
    so do we get a $2 refund? why would u sell it for 7$ for a few hrs then drop the price.
    02-16-12 08:52 PM
    Just bought it at 4.99 too!

I guess they screwed the 'early adoptors'. :P
    02-16-12 08:55 PM
    Picked up my copy as well. Sucks for all that overpaid. Try to get ahold of EA or appstore to make it right. It's only 2 bucks but its the principal of it. If it woud have happened to me I would have tried those two avenues to make it right and if not then with PayPal.
    02-16-12 10:54 PM
    Bought it tonight when I got home. Sucks I am too tired to play it from overworking myself, but at least I have it for the weekend. It is one of my daughter's favorite titles

And for those complaining about the price, at $6.99 or $4.99...it is cheap. I recall purchasing "Afterburner" for the Sega Master System back in 1987 for $50! Play that 8-bit title now and tell me it is worth a 50 dollar bill. Games are VERY cheap now, indeed!
    Last edited by zektor666; 02-17-12 at 12:10 AM.
    02-17-12 12:06 AM
    i haven't logged alot of time on it yet, but my sound has been fine so far. after i installed the game, i restarted the playbook before playing....did you?
    I tried restarting and it was the same thing. The music works fine in some areas (like the menu screen) however during a wave the music should start immediately after starting it/selecting your plants. I've noticed that it is often silent and then the music will start late in the wave.

Similarly there's no music when you are viewing new plants you've earned between levels. It's odd and if it is this way for most people it's a shame and I hope EA/PopCap can resolve it soon.
    02-17-12 12:45 AM
    what has been stripped out from the IOS version?
    02-17-12 05:24 AM
    It's 4.25$ for me...

They changed the price i think?
    02-17-12 05:45 AM
    I tried restarting and it was the same thing. The music works fine in some areas (like the menu screen) however during a wave the music should start immediately after starting it/selecting your plants. I've noticed that it is often silent and then the music will start late in the wave.

Similarly there's no music when you are viewing new plants you've earned between levels. It's odd and if it is this way for most people it's a shame and I hope EA/PopCap can resolve it soon.
    yeah noticed it too, i hope they get it fixed, playing this all on my LCD-screen haha funny!
    i just looked at pb appworld it says 4.50 euro's for me.
    02-17-12 05:54 AM
    A workaround for the music bug I've found is to hit options and adjust the music volume slider. That restarts the music.

Kind of frustrating bug though, and also I dont like that if you want to switch apps and come back, it takes forever to load the game again (the animation of the lawn being rolled open).
    02-17-12 10:44 AM
    This game looked so stupid to me and I wasnt expecting much, but since so many people were talkin about it I decided to buy it. Holy sheeeeeeeeet, I spent like 6 straight hours playing this. So addicting
    LewLew23 likes this.
    02-17-12 11:50 AM
    Yep its a boatload of fun!
    02-17-12 11:53 AM
    I'm gonna get this game as soon as I get back to my Playbook. How many hours of playtime can I expect to get out of it and how "stripped" down is it? Is it missing a lot? Will they update it with more stuff or do you think if they add/update anything, it will only be in the form of another standalone game that will cost again?
    02-17-12 01:49 PM
    WOOT! BlackBerry just notified me via email that they will be giving me $3.00 back because the price was wrong. For those who paid $6.99, I would assume you will get the same.
    02-17-12 03:09 PM
    Just got the same email! That's pretty awesome of them. Didn't expect that!
    02-17-12 03:12 PM
    Just received the same email about the $3 refund! Great that they're addressing it so quickly rather then letting it sit over the weekend. Kudos to them!
    02-17-12 03:17 PM
    yeaah! my cousin and i did just got the same mail just at the very right moment, that we will be refunded too.
    02-17-12 03:19 PM
    got my $3 refund too. Thought it was a nice gesture to give back an extra $1
    02-17-12 03:20 PM
    yup just got 3 bucks back
    02-17-12 03:23 PM
    Checked my email too, got my refund. Hope it will be correctly done on the bill though
    Last edited by Aravil; 02-17-12 at 03:39 PM.
    02-17-12 03:37 PM
    i just finished Adventure mode, after hours of play spread out over the last couple days.
    it did not unlock survival mode

this was my first time playing PvZ, so i don't really know what i'm missing, but i've heard good things about survival mode, and was hoping it would add to the replay value of the game.

oh well.

beating adventure mode unlocked 'quick play', which has all the mini-games to choose from.
    02-18-12 01:39 PM
    I purchased this game not knowing what I was getting into and previously thinking that it would be trash, but to my delight I'm actually quite addicted to it now.

I always felt Angry Birds was over-hyped and Cut The Rope did not get the praise that the game actually deserved and Plants vs. Zombies game style would just not suit me. Being a BB Fan, and wanting to see them do well, I purchased all the ABs, purchased my beloved CTR and decided what the lets go for PvZ as well.

I`d like to point out, this game might be the game to actually compete with CTR in my eyes. Lets just say i`m quite impressed and enjoying the out of it... well except the night levels, they give me .
    02-18-12 02:40 PM
    cant put this game down! Let the GF try it out on mine and then she liked it so much i got it for hers too!
    02-18-12 03:59 PM
    i just finished Adventure mode, after hours of play spread out over the last couple days.
    it did not unlock survival mode

this was my first time playing PvZ, so i don't really know what i'm missing, but i've heard good things about survival mode, and was hoping it would add to the replay value of the game.

oh well.

beating adventure mode unlocked 'quick play', which has all the mini-games to choose from.
    Time to go for all the achievements (which includes beating the campaign again).

This does appear to be like the original iphone/ipad/android version, although the ipad version later got access to survival and mini games (though it was a year later). I would hope we would get the same thing eventually, but I'm not hopeful on it.

Still it's a fantastic game and well worth the 3- or 4.99.
    02-18-12 04:52 PM
    I FREAKING LOVE THIS GAME. I did not think I would like this game this much.

Btw my girlfriend said she found me sleeping beside her, the morning after I purchased Plants vs. Zombies, with the Playbook tucked in my arms.

I guess I fell asleep defending my backyard.

She was angry. Haha. I simply asked if I could defend my yard again and that didn't go over so well.
    02-19-12 03:21 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD